Popping a pimple... die of blood loss...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gobrian44

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 25, 2009
Around.....
get one of those white pencil things for shaving....i forget what its called but it helps make your blood clot savons or CVS or wallgreens etc. have them GL

seaofdreams

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2009
Brisbane, Australia
The reason they get red and pustular is because the body is breaking down all of the bacteria and such that was in there. The gunk you're probably referring to is the pus and which is just a build up of white blood cells which are doing the fighting. The body just breaks them down when the area is healed, nothing remains in the follicle after the pustule has "dried up"
You won't 100% get scarring but there is a high risk. By putting any pressure onto follicular infection, suh as during squeezing, some of the nasty stuff inside comes out but some of it can rupture down into the skin as well, causing damage and possibly leading to abscesses and cysts, which are far nastier than any pimple you will ever see, haha.

Addikted2Cichlids

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 13, 2009
Northern Italy
seaofdreams;3234153; said:
The reason they get red and pustular is because the body is breaking down all of the bacteria and such that was in there. The gunk you're probably referring to is the pus and which is just a build up of white blood cells which are doing the fighting. The body just breaks them down when the area is healed, nothing remains in the follicle after the pustule has "dried up"
You won't 100% get scarring but there is a high risk. By putting any pressure onto follicular infection, suh as during squeezing, some of the nasty stuff inside comes out but some of it can rupture down into the skin as well, causing damage and possibly leading to abscesses and cysts, which are far nastier than any pimple you will ever see, haha.
Sounds like she knows her ****, but if u read his post he says he usually leaves them alone this one just popped when he brushed against it, it think I learned more about zits in the last 10 minutes then I have my whole life.. Weird post but very informative.. I'm new so I'm sure this ins'y the strangest post ever..

Retuks

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2009
Kaneohe
Addikted2Cichlids;3234172; said:
Sounds like she knows her ****, but if u read his post he says he usually leaves them alone this one just popped when he brushed against it, it think I learned more about zits in the last 10 minutes then I have my whole life.. Weird post but very informative.. I'm new so I'm sure this ins'y the strangest post ever..
i can make some strange nasty posts ^_^. i just haven't because mfk seems to be an environment on the mature spectrum.

but this is a real life problem... really though, Addikted is right. i already have a few good scars from the past so i never pop zits anymore.

how do you explain the black pores in my nose where the hair grows out?? how do i get rid of that?? (your exposing my beauty ms. face :()

bigspizz

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2007
I pop all of my zits...I have no problem. Whiteheads are the worst. I hate when I have one and then notice it when I get home. Of course I pop it right away when I see it. Again, nothing bad has ever happened, only the great relief of getting rid of the pain forsaken zit.

seaofdreams

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2009
Brisbane, Australia
Retuks;3234191; said:
i can make some strange nasty posts ^_^. i just haven't because mfk seems to be an environment on the mature spectrum.

but this is a real life problem... really though, Addikted is right. i already have a few good scars from the past so i never pop zits anymore.

how do you explain the black pores in my nose where the hair grows out?? how do i get rid of that?? (your exposing my beauty ms. face :()
Blackheads are the build up of dirt and such on the hair follicle or "pore" It sounds like you might have low grade acne if you get lots of pimples and blackheads. If you're really worried about it, you'll need special products that are tailored to your skin but you'll have to go to a skin care therapist or dermatologist to get a skin analysis and a product prescription.

Retuks

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2009
Kaneohe
seaofdreams;3234372; said:
Blackheads are the build up of dirt and such on the hair follicle or "pore" It sounds like you might have low grade acne if you get lots of pimples and blackheads. If you're really worried about it, you'll need special products that are tailored to your skin but you'll have to go to a skin care therapist or dermatologist to get a skin analysis and a product prescription.
actually, i dont have any pimples now, just this one that popped and of course its stopped now. aside from the black stuff in each hole of my nose its really small but i always wondered what that was. looks like a 5:00 shadow on my nose....

i used to use proactive when i did have an acne problem and it worked fine. no offense but dermys are way too expensive !!

seaofdreams

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2009
Brisbane, Australia
Retuks;3234422; said:
actually, i dont have any pimples now, just this one that popped and of course its stopped now. aside from the black stuff in each hole of my nose its really small but i always wondered what that was. looks like a 5:00 shadow on my nose....

i used to use proactive when i did have an acne problem and it worked fine. no offense but dermys are way too expensive !!
It still makes me shudder that anyone can order and use proactive. It's pretty strong stuff and shouldn't be used by anyone who doesn't have severe acne. If you go to a reputable beauty salon or skin care clinic, they can usually point out a good cleanser to start off with. They can be pricey, I know but well worth the money. I suffered with pretty bad skin for most of my life and then I became a therapist and started using really good quality products and my skin is near on perfect.

Retuks

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2009
Kaneohe
doesn't it also have alot to do with diet? like eating too much cheese etc?

perspiration and regular washing?

seaofdreams

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2009
Brisbane, Australia
It doesn't have as much to do with diet as lots of people believe. It's pretty simple, blackheads are a build up of grime and nasties in the follicle, pimples/whiteheads are blackheads that have closed over and developed an infection. If you use a good cleanser (one that is suited to your skin, no soap, non-comodogenic, properly cleanses your skin without stripping it of moisture) twice a day and exfoliate once a week with an exfoliant that follows the same guidlines as above, your skin will clear up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store