Possible to mix?

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Has this seriously turned into an Artc is tougher then a Dorado or wolf thread?

Are ARTC known for removing parts of the human body? Maybe we'll see them on the next river monsters?

KNH

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2005
OH...IO
All these are interesting fish but you need to reconsider your tank size.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
All these are interesting fish but you need to reconsider your tank size.
Exactly.
Has this seriously turned into an Artc is tougher then a Dorado or wolf thread?

Are ARTC known for removing parts of the human body? Maybe we'll see them on the next river monsters?
I wouldn't doubt them being capable of taking smaller body parts, or a large one being able to take a small chunk out of a human, maybe not to the extent an aimara can, but definitely wouldn't doubt it having kept one.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
That's odd. I had one in the past and it fell incredibly short of the stereotype being depicted in this thread. Not a very attractive fish at all either......

Guess I thought Goonch and Sheeth were the only cats with real teeth......

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
That's odd. I had one in the past and it fell incredibly short of the stereotype being depicted in this thread. Not a very attractive fish at all either......

Guess I thought Goonch and Sheeth were the only cats with real teeth......
I'm not saying they have "real" teeth. They have the sand paper like sheet like most catfish. But the fish has a strong bite. Very strong ime. Like it's close relative the wyckii. More examples of those biting things. Mine was quite aggressive only thing it lived with was a leporinus cause it couldn't catch it. Attractiveness, I leave to you to decide, I don't think it's ugly but I like the wyckii'so jet black with white strips better. It's my favorite catfish, I've read everything I can find. I had the pcf download on my phone but I lost that phone, I didn't download it again cause I already read it and I don't have them anyway. Now that artc was my only one so maybe it was just him that was aggressive, but doesn't seem to be the exception when you read others experiences.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store