Post pics of your Electric Blue Jack Dempsey!

djarmstrong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2008
England
Really nice , i would really like one but there £30.50 at 2inch in my LFS , and i dont really want to spend that much one at that size . :(

trashcan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2008
Kansas City
You should look to see if there are any local breeders. You have to order a bunch though because shipping may be expensive. Maybe you could make some of that money back by reselling them to your LFS.

Markm0723

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2008
Mobile, AL
Pic Update. I've had them for about 2.5 weeks, and they've already grown about a half an inch. The biggest is now right at 3".

Mark

Markm0723

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2008
Mobile, AL
trashcan;2506412; said:
Looking good. What temp do you keep yours at? My dirty half-dozen from YJ should be here on Wednesday.
The temp is currently 79.6. Looking forward to seeing pics of your new kids. Tim definitely raises some nice EBs. How big are the six you're getting?

Mark

trashcan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2008
Kansas City
I went with 1". I know they are harder to keep when they are small, but I can't bring myself to spend 2x as much when they (hopefully) will grow to that size with a little patience.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
Yeah prices on full grown EBJD are crazy. If you paid $20-40 for an inch EBJD, try to wonder how much 8 inch long one will cost you..I could just sell my organs for this fish lol.

In past when I went to another lfs in my area, they have bunch of 1-2 inch long EBJDs and they asked for $45.99 per one. I was very very very luck to get half grown one for $8.99.

crm7290

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2008
Winona
where in mn are you located? Im in college in Winona. We go to La Crosse wisconsin for our fish usually as there are no pet stores near here that sell fish

zerojquan85

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2008
So-California, US
I got him during Black Friday sale for $17.50...

He/she had another sibling.. unfortunately... it died within one day.. Was my mistake.. My older Eheim canister pump didn't have the spout cover.. so it sucked one in...

I'm sure u can imagine how pissed I was to lose such a rare fish...

So now there's only one left.. I moved him to my 60 gallon with some baby flowerhorns.. He's the means one in the group.. being bigger and more colorful... I got him from Tong's at Fountain valley.. but i have no idea who the breeder came from... I hope he makes it...

DSC02847.JPG

DSC02854.JPG

DSC02853.JPG

trashcan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2008
Kansas City
Nice! I know how you feel. I ordered some EBJDs, and while they were being shipped my regular JDs decided to lay eggs. So I put up a divider to separate them. The female jumped over it and killed a bunch of my EBJDs :(.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store