Potamotrygon Itaituba/P14

cjfrontlovr

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2006
denver,nc..
no, usually larger..there are some "mini" marbles that max out at 12-15" but getting one is another story..some people will tell you they are mini's until you grow them out and they turn out to be 24"..

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
no, usually larger..there are some "mini" marbles that max out at 12-15" but getting one is another story..some people will tell you they are mini's until you grow them out and they turn out to be 24"..
Are the minis a another species of motoro, or just some marbles that are born small?

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
You could find the answers to some if not all of your questions by just doing a little bit of research

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
You could find the answers to some if not all of your questions by just doing a little bit of research

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I have been looking around the internet for information about Mini Marble Motoros for about 2 hours now.. Found nothing.

So ill just ask some questions about them: Are Royal Marble Motoros the same as Mini Marble Motoros? What is the normal max size of the Mini Marble Motoros?

Any other information about them would be great too!

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Have anyone ever heard of people hanging the roots ?
I have hanging pothos roots from the top of the tank and in the sump. They really suck up a ton of nitrate. With that and 5x recommended purigen, I keep my nitrates in check. I also have two submerged denitrate tubes in the sump with ultra low flow pumps.

Before with the heavy feeding requirements my nitrates would go from 10ppm after a water change up to 50ppm in 2 days. I was doing 3 60% WC per week. It was just too much. With 6 pothos on the sump and 4 large on the top of the tank (roots growing down into tank), plus the purigen, and the DIY denitrate tubes it takes about 10 days to hit 50ppm.

Incredible difference. I still do water changes every 4-5 days around 50% but it has made a huge difference. I strongly recommend large amounts of purigen and pothos. If the rays do mess with the hanging plant roots (mine don't) just move them to the sump and add a light.

Reactions: Hz8

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Having this kind of "nitrate insurance" is great. Especially if you travel for work (like me) and in case things come up (as they often do in life). this way if I have a life issue and the tank goes a week or two without a WC I'm not facing death or danger to my pets.

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
I have hanging pothos roots from the top of the tank and in the sump. They really suck up a ton of nitrate. With that and 5x recommended purigen, I keep my nitrates in check. I also have two submerged denitrate tubes in the sump with ultra low flow pumps.

Before with the heavy feeding requirements my nitrates would go from 10ppm after a water change up to 50ppm in 2 days. I was doing 3 60% WC per week. It was just too much. With 6 pothos on the sump and 4 large on the top of the tank (roots growing down into tank), plus the purigen, and the DIY denitrate tubes it takes about 10 days to hit 50ppm.

Incredible difference. I still do water changes every 4-5 days around 50% but it has made a huge difference. I strongly recommend large amounts of purigen and pothos. If the rays do mess with the hanging plant roots (mine don't) just move them to the sump and add a light.
Yes, ok! It looks like you have had alot of luck with it, definetly ill try when i find a good ray tank! Still looking for answers on the mini marbles!

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
Does anyone know anything about Mini Marble Motoros? Size? Is the royal Marbles the same as the mini marbles?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store