Python?? JUNK!!!

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Is there any air pockets in the tube when you drain it?

mshill90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2009
Mechanicsburg, PA
benzjamin13;4897037; said:
Is there any air pockets in the tube when you drain it?

Nope. Seriously, I just left it in the tank while I used my bucket method.

Drained faster that way.

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Hmmm...the only other thing I can think of are a few possibilities...

1. How tall is your tank (going by your tank set ups, I'm sure this probably isn't the problem because those tank sizes don't come with short stands)?

2. Maybe you got a defect?

3. Maybe the suction isn't what you were expecting?

mshill90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2009
Mechanicsburg, PA
benzjamin13;4897126; said:
Hmmm...the only other thing I can think of are a few possibilities...

1. How tall is your tank (going by your tank set ups, I'm sure this probably isn't the problem because those tank sizes don't come with short stands)?

2. Maybe you got a defect?

3. Maybe the suction isn't what you were expecting?

The tank with stand is over 4 ft tall.. close to 5.

And as far as suction.. it wouldn't suction a piece of pleco poop it was that bad.. haha

My fiance is going to look at it, and see if it's a "user error".

bob965

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2009
MI
I had the same problem and I took apart my faucet and found there was a flow restricting orifice where the neck of the faucet attached. Took that out and it sucked like a champ.

mshill90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2009
Mechanicsburg, PA
bob965;4897142; said:
Took that out and it sucked like a champ.
Quote worthy. lol. :D

CClump

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
West Seattle
one thing no one has mentions is leaving the faucet on...
Some of the larger particles require more suction to lift and as such sometimes require turning on the faucet to help with the "suck".
i turn it off on my large tanks as they are both around 5'6 to the top but my little 29 is below sink level and to change water require leaving the water on unfortunately.

But with the shape of the python in the inside (its sharply coned, or convex or whatever) it limits the amount of fresh water wasted

mshill90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2009
Mechanicsburg, PA
CClump;4897345; said:
one thing no one has mentions is leaving the faucet on...
Some of the larger particles require more suction to lift and as such sometimes require turning on the faucet to help with the "suck".
i turn it off on my large tanks as they are both around 5'6 to the top but my little 29 is below sink level and to change water require leaving the water on unfortunately.

But with the shape of the python in the inside (its sharply coned, or convex or whatever) it limits the amount of fresh water wasted
I tried it both on and off.

CClump

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
West Seattle
mshill90;4897347; said:
I tried it both on and off.
it sounds like maybe you ended up with a lemon. i triple check all the connections to make sure no air is getting in anywhere maybe even duct taping it? if not, maybe try and exchange with petco or smart since they carry them.

hope it ends up working for ya i had a horrible experience with the aqueon version (the hose kept blowing off the sucker end or faucet end) and was really grateful the python worked much much better.
Plus the no kink hose is really nice and somewhat difficult to find for a diy project

Akabir47

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 1, 2009
Home of the brave.
Try turning the the flow of water through your faucet up. It worked for me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store