questions about Datnoid

Sarmo

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2011
SouthWest MT
Something will come up soon. Just don't rush into it. That's when u loose $$ or u end up with something u don't really really like.

Private fish market Is like buses and trains. Never there when u want one, then 3 or 4 arrive all at the same time!.
isn't that true!!!! the thought has occured to me to just get my livestock from other people who's fish that have out grown their tanks. then i wouldn't have to wait for them to get big. but for me, that is 1/2 the fun :)

knowing the life span of some of these fish i don't want to get something i don't really want or like, that is for sure. i made that mistake with a Powder Blue Tang, beautiful fish, meanest little B**tard you would ever see. he must have killed 6 or 8 other Tangs i had. he may have been the biggest reason i took my reef tank down. i could never catch him. i had him on a hook once but he wrapped the line around a staghorn coral and pulled the hook out of his lip. his lip was hanging for 2 weeks or so and i was hoping that he'd die of an infection or something but he healed up and would never bit again :):):)

i can be patient, if i have to. Craig's list is an option, i'll look there. Arizona is a bit far to drive to check out the Dats there. although it might be a nice road trip.......

SickSauce

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2011
Mekong Delta
that would be great! i've been looking through those for a while now. problem is, i live in Montana, not California....... i don't mind driving 400 to 500 miles in a day to get a nice fish but so far even Spokane WA (480 miles round trip, closest big town) doesn't have much that i can find. i use to drive over there in the morning and wait for the Reef Shops to open and fill up on the newest coral frags and head home. if only i could find a MFK over there that was getting rid of some Dats......

all in good time.
patience will pay off. I pick up a 180Gw/stand for 240. 9/10 condition waahhh! check MFK for a seller in garden grove ca, he ships too. I got my dats from him

arodini

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
ohio
Holy cow, i remember reading this thread, and it's been almost two years ALREADY???

I've been waiting to buy a decent tiger dat in south florida since 2006...... ugh... :(
you're talking about ST?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store