Aug 10, 2007
Ohio
sites.google.com
Lepisosteus platyrhincus;2559288; said:
thanks solomon
and gator, keep your anger to yourself
I know its insufficient
Im gone 13 hours a day
trying my best, nitrates are fine so are nitrites, He will get bigger water changes untill he gets into his new tank
look guys Im came to ask for help not be bagered, If thats gonna be your post, leave it the heck out.
Oh and he is in sand and it is strided once a week
if you read my previous post youll see im trying to get him in a bigger tank but you try getting up at 4am and and not getting home till 7pm or later, I have 1 hour before im in bed just to function so I have to care for my 5 tanks over the weekend and working with getting ready for the holidays make stuff harder. He will be in a bigger tank SOON. ok?
ps the 10% a month was a typo, Its 10% a week.
NOW OFFER HELP FOR MY PROBLEM, OR LEAVE IT ALONE.
solomon thanks for being kind
:ROFL:

Whos angry? We offered you help now swallow your pride dont get angry at me because you don't know what your doing and take the advise given by everyone.

trying my best, nitrates are fine so are nitrites,
Seriously doubt it. 10% PWC a week on a 39G tank with a 13" fish being fed live foods and the sand never gets vac'd.

Oh and he is in sand and it is strided once a week
This does what exactly? the fish waste is still in the water and since your filter is already to small to handle the bioload you might as well not even touch the sand.
if you read my previous post youll see im trying to get him in a bigger tank
:duh: Tank first then fish another basic principal of fish keeping.

ps the 10% a month was a typo, Its 10% a week.
Still no where near enough.

spwd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
leicester,england
Shocking,i thought i was angry.lol,whats the foot print of his current tank?
Do you treat the water,or is it straight from the tap?
And like the other guys say do bigger and more often water changes.
If you havent got the time to properly care for your fish,why dont you consider having fewer tanks to care for in the first place and you will be less stressed,and pretty sure your fish will be too,i do 11 hours a day so i wouldnt buy a dog,as i couldnt look after it and care for it as much as it would need,if you get what i mean,not having a go,just trying to help.

Cheers steve

xander

Manjuari
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Singapore
Gator;2559061; said:
You might as well not do any and just top off evaporated water :screwy:.
that's exactly what i used to do :(. give the man a break and be nice, he'll appreciate it :)

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
hey guys
alright a few things
1 I have i dentified what I believe the problem is. Ive had it before it a small white worm like thing. Found some on the glass. treating with water changes and a really good cleaning.
2 sorry gator, i realise that your just trying to help me out. Im just really stressed because of my new job. Im really am sorry
3 the water is treated before adding to his tank
4 After a good cleaning I have identified to cause of the spike. plant materieal. He has lives with live plants. The pleco and the ghost shrimp and accational cherry shrimp ussed to eat it as it got destryoed. But my dear gar decieded to murder the pleco and i havent been able to get more shrimp for him so it just built up.
5 i am currently taking down 1 maybe 2 more tanks for 5 months. After 5 months ill only be working 24 hours then off 72 hours. my wife cares for them when im at work.
6 thank you xander.
Thanks every body, Ill keep yall updated.

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
thanks man, again im sorry.
and an update, his eyes are nearlly clear.
more water changes tomorrow when i get home.
I kill all i see on the glass and have cleaned all debrie i can.
will keep you updated

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
alright need help again. 50% water changes every week now. Everything is fine water params wise yet the parasites are still there. none on the glass now, water changes helps slightly but not alot.
what now my friends?
what meds can i use? brand name plz

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
did a 75 percent water change yesterday, looks better but slightly still there, unsure of what to do
somebody plz help here
solomon or richard, one of you 2 have to know what meds work

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store