Quiet canister filter

Heretik

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2013
The Great White North
^^ Agreed....to a certain extent :)

Iv'e never owned a fx5/6 but a lot of my buddies have them. They swear by them and while i don't doubt it, i just feel the 2262 to be the better choice. I don't remember the specs off the top of my head but aren't both pumps rated at 900gph and hold nearly the same amount of media?!

My buddies have complained about sand in their canister thus creating noise while iv'e never had a problem like that with my eheims. I believe the design to be superior even though the filter looks severely outdated lol.

When i had my 180 running my 2262 complemented the sump perfectly. All of my eheims are still in service 10+ years and still have to put my ear against them to see if they're still running!

Need more tanks so i can finally test out the fx5/6.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
If you were to do actual research there was a truly non biased, scientific comparison done between an FX5 and 2262. The Eheim one in ability to process ammonia and power consumption. It was published here as well as other forums. As a bonus the Eheim has the pump on top where it can't get sand in it.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

makki

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2014
Sweden
I did order the Fx6 so lets hope its awesome ;) I read that it is possible to reduce the flow on fx6 so thats great since i was afraid the output was gonna be to strong for my 540 liter channa tank.

lunker65

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2013
Virginia
You can just make sure it is regulated off the output side not the input side.

Sent from my SM-G900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

lunker65

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2013
Virginia
You can but what I mean is put the regulating valve on the output hose of the filter so the pump of the filter does not cavitate from lack of water. Basicly if the regulating valve was put on the intake hose, the filter would able to pump it out faster than it can get it back in causing your filter to run dry.

Sent from my SM-G900V using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

makki

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2014
Sweden
Ok, then i understand. But if i regulate the same amount on both? Fluvals says that it is possible to reduce the flow but doesnt say if only with output or both.

" The valve lever can also be used to regulate water flow with no harm to the motor or its components."

lunker65

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2013
Virginia
it is only needed on the output side. if flow is restricted more on the input it can damage the pump. i would just adjust the output valve to the flow that you are trying to get. it sounds pretty nasty when them things run dry lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store