R.I.P. White-Cheeked Moray

IKeepPacu

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
Long Island, New York
ive never had a use for my broken "decorative glass" however, now thanks to you, i do.

im assuming you did something with the broken edges so they werent so sharp or jagged?

~ocean

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 12, 2009
Stoon
I use a grinding rock to make all sharp things smooth...

~ocean

Aridd

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2009
Oregon
daing man that sucks im sorry about the eel, as for the bong idea...genius....i have a broken zong i can sand down for my eel!

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
Pomatomus;3599133; said:
Not too sure. I had it for about 9 months before it started acting weird (swimming around the tank) and wouldn't eat anything. Even if I waved it in his face.
was the tank brackish? aren't these eels pretty much brackish?

Pomatomus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sarasota, FL
smpage;3600029; said:
Most likely died because it wasn't in salt water.
Everything I've read says that doesn't happen, but they definitely prefer some salt in regards to their behavior.

smpage

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 21, 2007
Idaho Falls
Pomatomus;3600052; said:
Everything I've read says that doesn't happen, but they definitely prefer some salt in regards to their behavior.
Echidna rhodochilus Bleeker 1863, "Freshwater White-Cheeked Moray". Indo-west Pacific; Indonesia and Philippines. To about thirteen inches in length... this is principally a marine species, consider it temporarily brackish. It occasionally enters freshwater... Generally only accepts live shrimp, small fishes as foods.

Pomatomus

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sarasota, FL
smpage;3600069; said:
Echidna rhodochilus Bleeker 1863, "Freshwater White-Cheeked Moray". Indo-west Pacific; Indonesia and Philippines. To about thirteen inches in length... this is principally a marine species, consider it temporarily brackish. It occasionally enters freshwater... Generally only accepts live shrimp, small fishes as foods.
From your source, 1 inch above the information you got:

"The purpose of this article is to inform the public and industry that these two species are really not so much "permanent" freshwater residents... but better considered brackish water organisms (spg 1.005-1.010). Though you may see them presented in "all freshwater settings" for sale, they are best kept in partially saltwater as long term possibilities."

which is between 6 and 13 ppt.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store