Feb 2, 2009
ohio
really nice 3 bar IT babies OP!

tantrick

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2011
St. Louis
Ive tried brine shrimp, blood worms, various pellets, flake. I just bought some beef heart and will try it tonight.

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Firstly, nice looking three bar. If your doing the growout regiment and enjoying it. I would get a few more if it was me. Double the fun!

arodini

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
ohio
Ive tried brine shrimp, blood worms, various pellets, flake. I just bought some beef heart and will try it tonight.
Have you tried raw shrimp pieces? My baby NTT isn't eating anything else but raw shrimp.

Dionysus

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 10, 2007
Wisconsin
You r the one who decides what your fish eats...I've got SW fish only, reef, and rare FW tanks. Best all around food they all eat is mysis shrimp...if they don't respond to that, u may hav other problems. Sorry, didn't read what u feeding, but if was live caught, may hav to transition to frozen, like spirulina brine, or like I mentioned, frozen mysis (if u haven't tried, buy!!!, good s++T)

Sent from my LG-VM696 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Odotron

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2012
Washington DC Area
So how are the Dats doing now on your diet? I have 5 which were about the same size 6 months ago. I actually used a small ceramic dish half filled with bloodworms (live) to feed them (first month). The largest one is about 4.5 inches now and the smallest about 3.5. Good luck! Beautiful fish you have.

Dionysus

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 10, 2007
Wisconsin
When mine were small, they didn't care for brine, but they went crazy for mysis. Hope he'll accept something soon

Sent from my LG-VM696 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

tantrick

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2011
St. Louis
I had to put in a tank by itself so it wouldn't be completing and got it to eat cut up red wriggleers. May try the mysis next.
Sorry for the thread jack OP. Your little guy looks awesome btw.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store