RARE : Australian Lungfish - Neoceratodus forsteri

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
David...I got word from a friend that you were, at one point, considering purchasing Gordon's farm. Just curious why that didn't pan out? I feel like you could do great things with that place.

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2006
DC-MD-VA
Nic;1841847; said:
why is gordon selling the farm?? seems like he has a good cash cow there??
Tainted Glory;1842254; said:
David...I got word from a friend that you were, at one point, considering purchasing Gordon's farm. Just curious why that didn't pan out? I feel like you could do great things with that place.

i dono about "cash cow"

here are my view from it (as an ex-AUL seller)... i cant get rid of them when i had them... finally i sold rest of them below my cost (gave couple away)... but then when AUL is out of stock... AUL is the Hottest Fish.. every hobbyist want one...

how many hardcore hobbiyist willing to spend over $500 for a fish that does not move... they are cute.. but does not move...

you need to sell at least 4285+ AULs to make those 1.5 million back (not including daily expenses)... so far there i can accounted for 5 AUL shipments to the US. i say total with less than 100 pcs... so how many years to make this AUL biz profitable?

here is another factor. as what Ashdavid said.. you only got 15 year lead time... till the first batch of AUL (3 years ago) to get mature and mate.... then its all over... as they produce in mass...

cichlaguapote

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2006
Pripyat, Ukraine
Yeah it's not quite as easy as everyone would think. I'm guess if it were me I would try producing the rarer morphs to help make up for the expense. Of course as you said you'd have to wait til mature.

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2006
DC-MD-VA
cichlaguapote;1842887;1842887 said:
Yeah it's not quite as easy as everyone would think. I'm guess if it were me I would try producing the rarer morphs to help make up for the expense. Of course as you said you'd have to wait til mature.
that is not always the case... in the fish biz... bread and butter fish makes the $. rare and exotic is a gamble...

check out gulper cats and GATF...

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
he wants 1.5 million for the farm???? i know they were rare but i kinda thought all the asian countries would be buying them up.... the usa seems to be low on the totem pole of really expensive rare fish....

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2006
DC-MD-VA
Nic;1842937;1842937 said:
he wants 1.5 million for the farm???? i know they were rare but i kinda thought all the asian countries would be buying them up.... the usa seems to be low on the totem pole of really expensive rare fish....
well... in asia... they are facing this problem...

Asian Arowana or Australian Lungfish

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
neoprodigy;1843058; said:
well... in asia... they are facing this problem...

Asian Arowana or Australian Lungfish
cant do both??? i would think the aro would leave the lung alone or is it more a $$ factor buy one or the other...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store