Ray became lethargic

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
Hey guys, sorry to report back with bad news but she passed away yesterday. It looked like she was getting better too as when I left for work, the water parameters we good, she was moving a little bit more and gained some more color back. When I got home she had passed away. It was not a good day yesterday.

Lessons learned are;

1.) I will always check the water parameters out of my tap prior to doing a water change

2.) I will not do water changes during or right after a big storm

3.) instead of doing a massive 350-400 gallon water change I will do smaller changes more frequently?

the big question now is I was planning on hooking up a drip system, but now that I saw my well water fluctuate after the storm, if I had a drip system set up the same thing could happen again. Still need to get more input from more experienced people than myself?

its a real shame and I lots a spectacular ray- hopefully this never happens again and you guys never have it happen to you either.
If your water passes throw a hma or RO unit drip won't be a problem

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

hereticlosmorte

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2010
Ontario, Canada
sorry to hear. i had the same issue causing me to lose my rays.
city uses chloramine and severely mismanaged their usual 1-1 ratio into a 4-1 ratio of ammonia to chlorine. guess how well all that excess free-floating ammonia was handled by my rays. the male swelled up to 3 times his normal size and died quickly, the female survived the ordeal only to starve herself and refuse food, literally seemed like a broken heart of her mate being dead.

lesson for me was, check water, and as a precaution i usually double or triple dose my prime.

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
My aunt lost all of her fish 2 years ago when they started a natural gas hydraulic fracturing well near her property. The chemicals destroy RO membranes and carbon doesn't remove them. The whole family got ill and the horses and pets lost all of their hair. Dead critters all over the property.

So many things can effect our water. I'm sorry for your loss.

:mad:

Sent from my SM-N900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store