ray filtration

jstavis

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2009
Madison, WI
no nitrate and nitrite are pretty good. and my ph is 6.4-6.6
I really don't want this to come off as rude, but I get the impression from several of your posts that you don't actually understand the nitrogen cycle, or don't completely appreciate its implications on your choices/practices. Nitrates can be "pretty good." Nitrites are either 0 in a cycled tank or you have a problem-- there's no such thing as "pretty good." If you're going to be keeping stingrays it would be a really good thing to do some more reading on basic aquarium chemistry.

sikoko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2009
Groton,ct
o i have an api liquid test kit but i hadn't tested in awhile so i forgot what they were. but i retested today and my
ph was 6.8
ammonia: 0 ppm
nitrite:0 ppm
nitrate:0 ppm

i got my ammonia down by a couple of water changes and some tetra ammonia-safe. this is perfect for a stingray i'm assuming i'm correct if all of my months of research is correct

hereticlosmorte

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2010
Ontario, Canada
nitrate shouldn't be reading 0, if possible, i'd have the vendor hold the ray until you can be sure it is done cycling and not going through mini cycles.
unfortunately, the only real way to find out is trial and error and doing it yourself. no matter how much you read and research, something doesn't go as planned. we all learn and adapt.

sikoko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2009
Groton,ct
nitrate was the color in between 0 an 5 ppm

sikoko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2009
Groton,ct
i did and i know its a male not sure what kind yet it looks very retic-y but thinking hystrix as it has light highlights. i'll keep y'all updated

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
Please test the water daily for the next 2-3weeks, at the first sign of trouble reduce feeding and change 25% of the water (with dechlorinator) and keep doing that.

sikoko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2009
Groton,ct
will do thanx for the advice just toby

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store