Red Garnet Sand on Etsy

EnbyNewbie

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2020
Does anyone know if this particular sand is good? I don't wanna order sand and then have all my babies die from bad sand or something. It's a good deal and it looks fabulous, but it's not really a brand or anything, so I'm skeptical

20210116_214347.jpg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
It should be good. Polys will look great on it. Don’t know what you’ll truly get but I’d read the reviews of the seller. I have doubts it’ll be sold and killing fish.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Check the grain or mesh size, you want something like 30/40. If it's smaller like 60 or 80 it will be to light and blow around from the fish or water movement. Make sure to check around locally to see if anyone sells it. You can typically find it available in 50# bags for less then $20. Barton is a supplier check their website to see if they have a dealer near you. Unfortunately for me no one close sells it. Tractor supply sells us minerals garnet sand but only in 80 mesh, way to fine.

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
IF you want some nice quality garnet sand, look into getting Barton 36cg (probably easiest to find but pricey, takes long to ship)
or Barton 30/40 (more common but have to look locally, also cheaper).

EnbyNewbie

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2020
It should be good. Polys will look great on it. Don’t know what you’ll truly get but I’d read the reviews of the seller. I have doubts it’ll be sold and killing fish.
Thank you! Unfortunately, there are no reviews as there have only been 8 sales :(

EnbyNewbie

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2020
Check the grain or mesh size, you want something like 30/40. If it's smaller like 60 or 80 it will be to light and blow around from the fish or water movement. Make sure to check around locally to see if anyone sells it. You can typically find it available in 50# bags for less then $20. Barton is a supplier check their website to see if they have a dealer near you. Unfortunately for me no one close sells it. Tractor supply sells us minerals garnet sand but only in 80 mesh, way to fine.
Awesome, will do! I was just wondering cuz this supplier is close to me :)

Reactions: twentyleagues

EnbyNewbie

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2020
IF you want some nice quality garnet sand, look into getting Barton 36cg (probably easiest to find but pricey, takes long to ship)
or Barton 30/40 (more common but have to look locally, also cheaper).
Thank you!! I'll definitely check out Barton, I live in California so it should be easy to find a supplier!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store