Red-tail Catfish Lost Appetite

bigones

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2010
Sarawak, Malaysia
Sorry, another thing that i wanted to ask.. Can i use those packed marine salt..? This are the salt that i got last time which i had not use as i was planning to keep marine fish, but i ended up canceling my plan on keeping marine fish... So, can i use this salt to add in to my tank..? Maybe about 1kg...

bigones

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2010
Sarawak, Malaysia
garhog;4566881; said:
Get a thermometer temp is very important .check it day and night times make sure it doesn't vary too much. And good luck redtails are awesome fish
I will, but i try with the salt 1st... Wish me luck guys...

Japonicus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2008
sydney, australia
dont use marine salt cause it contains calcium and all these other chemicals which will raise your ph and red tail like the low ph

and also i dont think that temp would be a huge issue cause the weather in malaysia is constantly warm and humid.

i suggest filling the pond a bit more cause the more water you have the more stable your water conditions will be but make sure its not too high or a fish will jump out

bigones

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2010
Sarawak, Malaysia
I just added 1.8kg of rock salt to the tank which i've got from our pet store... I hope that the condition would improve slowly... Most important is getting them to start eating.. This is what worries me so much... I will try pellets and maybe some fish meat...

bigones

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2010
Sarawak, Malaysia
Good news... After changing the water and added another 2kg of salt plus having the UV reinstalled within the filter box... I tried fish fillet and slowly my catfish starts eating... Few pcs for now but not aggressive feeding as to last time... I can see that the mood is still not that good... But, good thing is that it eats a little now... Fuh.. Thanks everyone here....

mshill90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2009
Mechanicsburg, PA
bigones;4571552; said:
Good news... After changing the water and added another 2kg of salt plus having the UV reinstalled within the filter box... I tried fish fillet and slowly my catfish starts eating... Few pcs for now but not aggressive feeding as to last time... I can see that the mood is still not that good... But, good thing is that it eats a little now... Fuh.. Thanks everyone here....

:headbang2 :nilly: :nilly: :nilly:

bigones

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2010
Sarawak, Malaysia
Thanks all... :).. So happy to know that my fish eats again and also is that i had chance to meet new friends here... Nice and happy to be able to get to know friends slowly here...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store