Reef to River

lax22

Feeder Fish
May 22, 2015
Are you sure that is a brown bullhead? Where did you get it from? Will it keep that color? It is a great looking fish.

Cu554

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2015
Vermont
I am pretty sure it's a brown bullhead, but there is a chance it is something else. I am not sure about the color. I caught it in a small pond off an ATV trail.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I want a brown bullhead with the mottled coloration...they don't exist around here...nice find. Where are you located?

warmouth

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2008
missouri
Good choice I love Rock Bass, tough buggers, but I would not put them with White Catfish and Chain Pickeral. I know that some species of Sunfish have been known to kill Redfin Pickeral, if the Chain Pickeral was smaller than the Rock Bass, the Rock Bass may in turn kill your Pickeral, and if the Pickeral is much bigger than the Rock Bass....vice a versa, from what I have seen and read they are not very compatible together.

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
I want a brown bullhead with the mottled coloration...they don't exist around here...nice find. Where are you located?
Oh yes you can :). Erie has Northern strain brown bullheads. Dark brown mottling on the body with dark red fins.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Oh yes you can :). Erie has Northern strain brown bullheads. Dark brown mottling on the body with dark red fins.
duuuude....that's alllllll the way up in Erie haha. I was actually up that way this weekend at Pymatuning but got rained out before we could make plans to go to either Geneva or Erie

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
duuuude....that's alllllll the way up in Erie haha. I was actually up that way this weekend at Pymatuning but got rained out before we could make plans to go to either Geneva or Erie
Come on man erie is only an hour from you, how do you think I feel after driving twice as long up there with all the idiots on 79 every Friday night :). Sucks about pyme, hope you can get up there some weekend, I'll probably hit Geneva sometime this summer to see if those YOY grass pickerel have gotten big enough to take food yet, also want to get some of the 3-5" monster mudminnows in there which my friend took all of last time, I didn't really push for them last time either though.[/QUOTE]

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Come on man erie is only an hour from you, how do you think I feel after driving twice as long up there with all the idiots on 79 every Friday night :). Sucks about pyme, hope you can get up there some weekend, I'll probably hit Geneva sometime this summer to see if those YOY grass pickerel have gotten big enough to take food yet, also want to get some of the 3-5" monster mudminnows in there which my friend took all of last time, I didn't really push for them last time either though.
[/QUOTE]
ya man I'm definitely ready for another pickerel tank...I miss my esox. I'm trying to get all my tanks roped in now...I had my 40B stream cleared out until I netted a sculpin by complete accident while trying to push a bunch of dace out from under a stump...and needless to say he came home with me haha and took over the 40B....back to 5 tanks lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store