Remember Butkiss The 41 Year Old Pacu

12 Volt Man

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 24, 2007
canada
poor fish. the deformed body shows how badly it was raised. my big pacu was full and round, not like that poor guy.

I would be curious as to how many tanks it has lived in over that 39 year period.

if in fact it is actually as old as they claim (which I have trouble believing based on how they have raised it..)

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Well, since it is now 2011, he is 41 years old as advertised;)

Jay88

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2010
Australia
Darth Scohin;3546520; said:
I got an idea for Butkiss! We'll get a human child lock him in a room and only feed him Tofurkey for 39 years. That way Butkiss won't feel as bad and know other things have it worse.....ROFL, that article mispelled a couple of times so it is not a suprise they can't count

Seriously should not compare humans to fish... no disrespect, but the fish is ALIVE, and if he was unhappy, he would be stressed, if he was stressed, he would have had health issues and would not live so long.

Obviously the keepers are doing something right... How many ppl with 2500G tanks can keep one alive for 39 years?!

But if we keep comparing fish to humans, then stop putting WILD animals inside a house and leave them in the rivers, lakes, oceans they belong in.

And hes 39 years old lol off course hes not going to be all cheery.

Red_Belly_Pacu

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2009
Earth
The owner of that pacu pointed out that there are a lot of complainers. But that fish has lived for ages in a 75 gallon tank. If the owner moves it to a bigger tank, that might jinx it and the pacu will die. That was the report from the owner from the numerous articles written on the pacu

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Holy gill curl bat-man.. or am I the only one to notice it? I don't care how someone wants to sugar coat it. But thats animal abuse plain and simple. Just because it's lived so long doesn't mean it's not suffering, Just means it doesn't want to die. How would you like to be stuffed into a closet for life? It likely would die if put into a larger tank.. it'd actually have to swim and use muscles it hasn't likely used much in years.

Juxtaroberto

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2009
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Jay88;4868063; said:
Seriously should not compare humans to fish... no disrespect, but the fish is ALIVE, and if he was unhappy, he would be stressed, if he was stressed, he would have had health issues and would not live so long.

Obviously the keepers are doing something right... How many ppl with 2500G tanks can keep one alive for 39 years?!

But if we keep comparing fish to humans, then stop putting WILD animals inside a house and leave them in the rivers, lakes, oceans they belong in.

And hes 39 years old lol off course hes not going to be all cheery.
This is terrible logic. Pacus are hardy fish, much like humans are hardy mammals. Both can survive pretty atrocious conditions, but that doesn't mean they should be placed in such.

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
Bderick67;4867877; said:
Well, since it is now 2011, he is 41 years old as advertised;)
:iagree:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store