Rescued silver aro-looks like it's been in a car wreck

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
I've heard that as well, but there is so much tissue above the eye now so I think it is too far gone. I'm not really that concerned about the dropeye, as it's rare to find a full grown silver without some form of it.

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
Man good pick up. Sometimes a guy just wants to smack somebody for being an idiot. Good luck with his recovery.

Signature
I agree. I don't know how someone can sleep at night when they keep a fish that can only spin in small circles in their tank.

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
Leave it be.

I am assuming your water is good. Leave it be.

Great sign it gobbled some shrimp up.

Forget the DE. it is not curable.

Pray its other eye clears out. Even if it is blind ( could be ) it already showed you that it swims normally and eats.

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
I don't think it is blind in that eye. The guy was feeding it aro sticks and it has no barbells and the other eye points down. But I guess in a tank so small, it wouldn't be hard to locate food without seeing it.

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
The fish needs as little change as possible.

You gave it space and good water.

Big silvers are hardy as nails. It will make it, based on what you are describing. It will heal at its pace.

Let it adapt.

Maintain your water change schedule. Watch it to detect any stress factor. Lights, red shirts, movement in front of the tank, etc....

You already achieved the best. She got to you alive.

Given all improvements, with time, even the barbels ( though with littleprobability ) may reappear.

jeremoose

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2011
Canada
That is ridiculous. I can't believe anyone would let a fish get that bad before rehoming. Keep this updated please.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
The fish needs as little change as possible.

You gave it space and good water.

Big silvers are hardy as nails. It will make it, based on what you are describing. It will heal at its pace.

Let it adapt.

Maintain your water change schedule. Watch it to detect any stress factor. Lights, red shirts, movement in front of the tank, etc....

You already achieved the best. She got to you alive.

Given all improvements, with time, even the barbels ( though with littleprobability ) may reappear.
Well put. Thank you. I will do my best to keep it's water as clean as possible.

jsodwi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2005
south of heaven
Keep up the good work. Aros are such great fish. This one will survive just keep the water quality up and feed in moderation until it really starts acting like it's starving for more food. The barbels most of the time will grow back. They may grow back not perfect but they should grow back. Keep us updated on this beast

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store