Rescued silver aro-looks like it's been in a car wreck

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
poor guy :( I cannot believe someone could see this fish everyday and not do anything about it til now. I hope she makes a speedy recovery. I might have missed it but what size tank is she in now? best of luck to you and the silver.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
That is ridiculous. I can't believe anyone would let a fish get that bad before rehoming. Keep this updated please.
Yeah,pretty sad indeed...looks like something was allowed to do a number on the aro for some time.

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
The number on the aro was the guy trying to catch it with a net. It tried to jump out and badly injured its head on the lid. It is in a 170 gallon atm. I have a 230 wide that it can go into when it is all healed up. Still not the greatest set up for it, but definitely better than a 70 gallon bowfront. I wasn't expecting a monster because they said 16-18 inches, but I couldn't very well send it back to the hell it came from. lol

Some good news. I hand fed it market shrimp tonight and it ate about 6 full ones until I decided that was enough. The only problem is now he sits in the spot where I was feeding him, so I guess I will have to switch up the places next time to keep him guessing. He might be blind in that eye, either that or he can't see out of it. I will keep updating progress when/if I see any.
Again, thanks for the support everyone.

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
sure its not ideal but absolutely better than that shoe box 70 it was in. glad theres someone like you to help.

and that is great news. keep us informed.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I am sure his health will improve. He may always be all scarred up but will still be a great fish! I imagine clean water shocked his system.

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
It is enough.

better for the Old Warrior to be hungry than over fed.

Strenghtens his will to survive :) and lowers the effects on water

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store