Reticulated Stingray - Update Thread(pics)

PoopSmart

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2007
mars
Haha, I can see why she called that ray at the LFS Jlo. Baby got back. Its such a drastic difference from the pictures on page one.

Great job.

stingray man

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2007
chicago
Miles now i see why you wanted me to do a trio of retics but nun of mine have that good of a pattern is the a secret???

FireMedic

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2007
Middle of somewhere, Oulu Wisconsin
My Retics (see retics in WI) still have stringy white poop. I have ordered Prazipro and will be starting them on it in a day or so. Leafworms and Nightcrawlers are out of season here in Northern Wisconsin so they get frozen krill (flat packs) and whole, raw, deveined, de-shelled shrimp. There appetites have dwindled in the past week and this worries me. I am currently building a 250+ gallon pond in my basement and will transplant them soon. Any further suggestions?

Wisconsin Retic Pair for Sale or Trade

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
It seems like whenever I am having appetite issues, a dose of blackworms after each meal seems to revitalize them.. I would hold off seafood for a day or two, and then feed them a light amount of krill, followed by a huge portion of live blackworms. Do this late at night.. It seems to 'expand' their stomachs, and for days afterwards they eat really well, back to normal.

Like I said before.. Ever since I switched them over to barebottom their appetite seems to be enhanced, but it could of been because I was trying to starve them on to pellets prior!!

:D

Thanks for all the kind words everyone..

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
stingray man;1494772; said:
Miles now i see why you wanted me to do a trio of retics but nun of mine have that good of a pattern is the a secret???
:confused::confused::confused: Probably just where they came from.. I don't do anything special I don't think? :D

chesterfieldzoo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2008
michigan
Wow, this thread is great. I was going to post a pic of my ray for identification. Now I don't have to. Here is my little boy (about 14") His name is Pancake. I thought he was pudgy, but next to yours - I guess not.

pan.jpg

010.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store