RIP......

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
L A R R Y;3010274; said:
The feeding of massivore was the only change that I did, and it was a very light feeding to see how they would take it. They all were healthy vibrant fish, no one was skiddish in the tank, they all swam around with the occasional chasing that didn't last more than a few seconds. I do not know what the cause was, but I want to explore every possibility of what caused it. Could have been with the w/c as we have experienced some rain this week so I do not know if that day the water dept had done something different over the time we got rain.....

shrugs shoulders
the only thing is .. i would think all the fish would show some symptoms.. instead of a few just dead.. :(

rgunther

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2009
Australia
When a number of healthy fish suddenly die simultaneously I would suspect toxic shock or poisoning. I would be suspicious of the recent water change. I dont know what your water change procedure is but asume you are using tap water and are adding something to de-chlorinate. Tap water quality varies alot and there are many chemicals added. The treatment facility may have added an extra big dose of chemicals to combat some algae or protozoa. There may have been some work done on the pipes in the street. I lost most of my silver sharks once after a water change years ago. Since then I use almost solely rain water. When I rarely need to use tap water I run it through the highest quality carbon drinking water filter cartridges available but dont add any chemicals myself.

L A R R Y

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2008
Texas
rgunther;3010336; said:
When a number of healthy fish suddenly die simultaneously I would suspect toxic shock or poisoning. I would be suspicious of the recent water change. I dont know what your water change procedure is but asume you are using tap water and are adding something to de-chlorinate. Tap water quality varies alot and there are many chemicals added. The treatment facility may have added an extra big dose of chemicals to combat some algae or protozoa. There may have been some work done on the pipes in the street. I lost most of my silver sharks once after a water change years ago. Since then I use almost solely rain water. When I rarely need to use tap water I run it through the highest quality carbon drinking water filter cartridges available but dont add any chemicals myself.

I did nothing different than what I've done every week while doing a w/c. And yes, I do use Prime during w/c

ohhsweetness

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2008
Australia/ Brisbane
all mine died in a day came home i cried
they had something wrong with there bum
it was red n stuff
i think they had that callimanus or what ever its called but they dropped off all of sudden to
it heartbreaking to see when your fish died especially your fav too
i lost all of mine :(
well i hope you find out what happened to your fish
i feel for you

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store