Roach's Fishroom Nest

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
cockroach cockroach Wow, your responses are always so detailed like your setups and much appreciated. I completely understand I don't have many people I can talk fish with either, so I enjoy interacting here. I had stepped away from the site for a long time because of personal issues. Only coming in to moderate from time to time or ghost the site but I'm trying to get back into posting. I always kept the hobby going though it did suffer as well.

I like planning as well; not sure what inspired it. Usually, as of late it takes the form of trying to design DIY filters but never plumbing an entire fish room as basically a single system. Again, your setup is impressive. I've got to do some construction on my basement and afterwards I'll be able to create a dedicated fish room/office? Nah, who am I kidding it's going to be a fish room/man cave. I wanted to incorporate plants, specifically terrestrial plants like Pothos as well as a custom Hamburg Matten. I had considered aquatic floating plants but as I said I was worried about them overrunning the tank. Which is why I was curious about your experience with the frogbit as well as your lighting setup. It serves as great inspiration.

I hope to see more posts. Any plans to make any changes to your setup?

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

cockroach

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2005
Taiwan
heh, I have fun with it.

I see the breeder mop. Babies?
I have had in the past. But this mixed group and danios/rasboras has not bred.
They were in a 20 gal with 5 different types of spawning sites. and and nothing.
Moved them inot the hillstream rack and they are fat, and I am assuming, egg bound, but do not seem to be spawning. No eggs, or fry from mops which I remove and put in the refugium area. No fry in the tanks. Nada.
So not sure what I am doing wrong.
The initial community breeding tank. Thought the rock and plants would offer cover. No fry.
20211020_213507.jpg

Changed it to this with an array of spawning sites. And nary a fry.
20gal Breeder Tank.png

20gal.jpg

Attachments

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store