Roach's Fishroom Nest

cockroach

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2005
Taiwan
Amazing! Many thanks for sharing your experiences and success.
Thanks.

I have some of the reticulated hillstream loaches
They were breeding for me...
They lived with a juvenile mbu pufferfish and fed on the poop from the puffer
They like the shrimp/prawns that werevfed to the puffer
I am going to hazard a guess and say they were not feeding on poop but rather on bacteria and microorganisms growing on it and the surfaces of the tank. The fry need a lot of protein but the adults do need vegetable matter to assist in digestion and getting that protein through.
I have fun sewellia hillstream loaches some of the easiest fish to keep and keep thriving. A lot of what I have read online is just regurgitated nonsense and in my experience these fish have different requirements.

cockroach

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2005
Taiwan
Plus 3 tanks at work? That made me Laugh! My question is, what is above your fishroom, a parking deck???!!! Because unless those ceiling structures are just for looks, what gives? Overall, super impressive! Cool pics, cool fish!
Yeah. Like when a kid tells you they are 9 and a half. Being a biology and science teacher has its perks.

This is Taiwan. We are on the rim of the Ring of Fire. These houses need to withstand some moving and shaking. Across the river about 400m away is a fault line. But all houses are supposed to be built to make it through a 5 magnitude quake but most are built better. All houses (not apartments) are 4-5 floors tall and narrow. So concrete walls and floors plus lots of rebar need support.
Above my fishroom is a small garden with soil about 1-2 feet deep I use as my bonsai garden. Above that is 4 floors of living space. Below it is the garage. I have had fish tanks that are 3000+ liters in an apartment with zero issues. Landlord even laughed when she saw it.

3 tanks at work.
20240314_082007.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Parka

cockroach

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2005
Taiwan
We had a 7.2 earthquake on the east coast today. We are west coast.
Some damage all around and thankfully very few deaths.
Here are some vids from the action around sent to me by people I know.

197632.jpg

197635.jpg

S__281722884.jpg

1265452.jpg

169613.jpg

S__116834323.jpg

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
zoomed.com