RTC vs Tiger Shovelnose

polish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2008
Ne, IN
www.tankterrors.com
Whoa what an update, is that the same fish from the first post? If so what a monster now, what is the current size of him and what size tank do you have those guys in now they are huge.

pendog66

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2008
ohio
www.youtube.com
yeah its the same fish, hes 26 inches now and weighs around 10 pounds. hes only 9 months old and has a huge appetite. hes in a 200 right now and we are putting the finishing touches on my new tank. in stead of having it on a stand it sits on the ground and takes up a entire corner of me room. it will be 1500 gallons

oscar n redtail cat

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2008
england / west midlands
ive keeped ar rtc and 5 tsn in the same tank the rtc is 9" and the tsn are6" and they have all lived in the same tank as a 18" marble catfish and not 1 of them has been eatten just 1 was crushed by a rock and killed and one went up the powr head and came out the othe side but not 1 has been eatten but i lost 2 and have sold them now:D so id try it just feed them well :D
~josh~

polish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2008
Ne, IN
www.tankterrors.com
pendog66;2403348; said:
yeah its the same fish, hes 26 inches now and weighs around 10 pounds. hes only 9 months old and has a huge appetite. hes in a 200 right now and we are putting the finishing touches on my new tank. in stead of having it on a stand it sits on the ground and takes up a entire corner of me room. it will be 1500 gallons
Awesome, thanks for the info. The new tank sounds awesome.

And wow 9 months and 26", MONSTER for sure.

pendog66

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2008
ohio
www.youtube.com
polish;2403832; said:
Awesome, thanks for the info. The new tank sounds awesome.

And wow 9 months and 26", MONSTER for sure.
thanks, i just fed him some shad, its like watching a fat guy at a all you can eat lol. The TSN is at 17 inches and is finally starting to change colors. they are awesome pets

mihailx32

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2008
New Jersey
get a smaller tank and get the shovelnose to get big enough in there then but them together my shovel nose gain 4 inches in a month and a half so you should be able to get him big enough to live with the RTC

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store