sand

johno27

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2006
Eastpointe MI
No she is just a marble motoro well she is WC so I guess who knows :)

Trev it actually looks quite light once it is covered with water. I think it would look great with black rays for sure. This is closer to actual sand color

DSC_0025.JPG

DSC_0025.JPG

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
What if I use a more coarse silica based sand. It is not super fine. The reason I want to se this is because of color and price. I need a few hundred pounds.

Sent from my A500 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
what ever you think you need half it or you will just have a big hill at the back of the tank

order a few samples and go to a few LFS and bring some home and put it in water as the colour changes a lot and run your fingers throw it a lot in water and if it feels sharp in anyway forget it as if its sharp on your fingers after 10 mins think what it will be like on the rays disk 24/7

i found some sand that looked perfect and after running my fingers throw it my fingers were tinggly

you can go on just pool filter sand as they are all different

unless someone recomends a branded sand then you need to test it your self

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
I tried the Caribsea sunset gold, but it was too light in color for my taste. Seemed fine for the rays (hystrix), but their color was really washed out. Switched back to the fine river gravel that I had used earlier. It was even cheaper than the gravel that Johno has because I collected it myself:) It is also very similar to the Caribsea Peace River.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store