Dec 28, 2012
Australia
ok thanks o i will buy 500g of predatory food and like a kilo of koi

Thelatinofishlover

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2012
Mexico City
you have to remember that jar aros are known for being aggressive so i would not recomend an oscar as they are aggressive fish but dont have the strength to back it up, also dont barramundi's get huge? anyways make sure to do alot of research before buying your fish, good luck with the pond though :thumbsup:

turtles

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2012
Australia
yea barras get big but if it gets over 3.5ft then i will move him to 2000gallon pond with my aussies turtles or my uncles farm pond with is like 12000 gllons
ok i will forget the oscar

turtles

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2012
Australia
update liner and pump in and started building heating unit also put some deco in for hidding spotts and will be adding drift wood in near future
IMG_1006[1].JPG IMG_1007[2].JPG

IMG_1006[1].JPG

IMG_1007[2].JPG

Thelatinofishlover

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2012
Mexico City
i would put some big rocks to cover the pond liner thats on the edges, other than that it looks good :thumbsup:

turtles

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2012
Australia
i would put some big rocks to cover the pond liner thats on the edges, other than that it looks good :thumbsup:
thanks , it look horible right now with liner sticking out but i will be getting some cynder blocks to cover the liner and stop turtle from the pond next door walking in;) and im building my stock list up right know its at
1 jardini
1pleco
1barramundi
1 eel tail cat
1or2 jade perch
it will be a complete aussie native pond and if any eel is compatible then that two

Thelatinofishlover

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2012
Mexico City
not bad, you say your uncle has a huge pond so if any of these out grow this pond you could send them there :) i would get rid of the pleco...its just a poop machine, whats the filtration like? can we see some pics?

turtles

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2012
Australia
also found a site live fish in aus it has 4kg of aussie native food specifacally saratoga barra and perch food 4kg for $37 its lso supose to be really good

turtles

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2012
Australia
not bad, you say your uncle has a huge pond so if any of these out grow this pond you could send them there :) i would get rid of the pleco...its just a poop machine, whats the filtration like? can we see some pics?
i might its to clean the algea off the sides my dad has gone to pick up some sand for the bottom 80kg and yea uncle has big pond i will post some pics off my filter its pretty scrapy but works a charm in the past

turtles

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2012
Australia
the way my filtretion works is the hose pumps the water to the bottom and throgh a spray bar onto some sponges and biobalss and the through allot of gravel and some sponges here and there and finnlally a net bunched up to make a giant bio ball like 14inches round its here a above pic i dont really want to pull it apart
IMG_1023[1].JPG

IMG_1023[1].JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store