Sea turtle as pet?

Mrs. Nicky

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2014
Norfolk, Va
This just breaks my heart :(

***75 Gallon*** 1 Flowerhorn, 1 African Rope Fish and 1 Musk Turtle, ***60 Gallon*** 2 Angelfish, 1 Knight Goby, 1 Rainbow Goby, 1 Gold Gourami, 1 Blue Gourami, 1 Columbian Spotted Pleco and 4 Giant Danios ***

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
They sure do love their illegal oddities over there in the east eh?

Krich its only a matter of time before the elite of society over there decide these are delicious in casserole.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
They sure do love their illegal oddities over there in the east eh?

Krich its only a matter of time before the elite of society over there decide these are delicious in casserole.
I can see it now....Green Sea Turtle Soup,right up there with the shark fin stew.

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
Adult, juveniles and eggs have been and are being consumed as a food source for centuries in many parts of the Pacific and Atlantic. The idea of keeping them as pets, is a new one. You wouldn't think such a highly migratory species to do well in captivity, on top of the fact, they'll grow to 400-500lbs.

FriedFlowerHornFillet

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2014
Toledo Ohio
As much as I tend to disagree with most of international politics in general THIS is why we have global laws regarding the sale of threatened and endangered animals. This is horribly depressing I hate looking at pictures of live animals I know for a fact were doomed and are dead now. I'm going back to staring at my fish tank. People suck.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
do the turtles a favour report the sellers... if you and your friend have an ounce of morality between you thats what you need to do....

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
do the turtles a favour report the sellers... if you and your friend have an ounce of morality between you thats what you need to do....
It's easier said than done. The laws are complicated, and their backgrounds are also complicated too. Let's not get involve in such matter, it's beyond our controls.

Drstrangelove

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Francisco
do the turtles a favor report the sellers... if you and your friend have an ounce of morality between you that's what you need to do....
+1

Our parents and mentors didn't imbue us with morals for convenience or when things are easy. Do the right thing.

More species being threatened and used as toys or trophies. :angryfire

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
It's easier said than done. The laws are complicated, and their backgrounds are also complicated too. Let's not get involve in such matter, it's beyond our controls.
This mentality has shaped the world we live in.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store