Severum tank mates

mikec707

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2009
santa rosa
www.youtube.com
Rams only get about 4" an the severum will be double that size. Might be a problem. My severum is the largest fish in 125 an he's cool with everything. Angels, ctenopoma, African butterfly, gourami, rope fish, Butis Butis, eel,... He does get punked every now an then by a large Angel but it's nothing serious. They only thing is they are pretty aggressive feeders so just nothing too passive

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Marshal Crovitz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 8, 2012
how big a tank should you have for Severums'
I have had Kribinsis in the past. How many Kribs and Rams in a forty gal.

davdev

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2010
Somewhere in New England
how big a tank should you have for Severums'
I have had Kribinsis in the past. How many Kribs and Rams in a forty gal.
In my experience, Kribs absolutley HATE Rams. Anytime I have seen it tried it has resulted in dead Rams.

In a 40 I would say you would be fine with 2 breeding pairs.

You could also look into Apistos

lp85253

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2009
a 55 will be good for 2 sevs, by themselves, for quite awhile ,but an upgrade to 90 or bigger probably needed in a few years . a 40b may last a year or so as an adaquate home

djlamonica

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2012
SE Michigan
I have a sevrum, ebjd, geo, 3 clown loaches and 1 yoyo in my 60 and everyone gets along well I'm going to add a fire mouth soon. Just over filter I filter 800 gph and do 50% water changes a week. everyone had plenty of room so far.
Sevum tank mets from what I've research could be.
parrots,geso,fire mouth, angels, key hole, rainbow, and if you want add something more aggressive make sure you add it last and add it small.
as far as non cichlids basically anything that won't fit in its mouth although I've had 6 cardinal tetras in with my red sevrum and he didn't care at all he is about the same size as yours in the pic.
Silver hatchets worked for me to the smaller marbles did not but that was the Dempsey.

LSS most sevrums re peacefully and you can put with other peaceful fish that accept the same water parameters and won't it I there mouth you should be fine.

Not an expert just my limited experience

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store