E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
Gr8KarmaSF;3658975; said:
Whats it currently feeding on?
i thought i mentioned this in the original posts, but to clarify it is currently eating fathead minnows which were from a series of research ponds (as per the protocols of my experiment). they can easily be switched to non-live by the usual transfer techniques.--
--solomon

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
for anyone interested, i have dropped the price on this guy to $150. thanks for your interest--
--solomon

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Nice....

ermgravy

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
behind my iMac.... Southampton UK.
Boo... sorry to jump in so late and with such a rubish post but dam... that SB is pretty! lol how is everyone? Sol do u fancy shipping? cant rememeber if i can leagally import US gars to uk??? hmm may have to ring defra mon n check i know SA gars via us is ok but i cant import more bowfin as they are us natives so ill check on that mon if you would be willing? dont worry if ur too busy i know its hastle for one fish.... itd hav a good home tho :D

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
zpetrichko;3677634; said:
how long do you guess this fish will actually get?
difficult to say, i would guess a few inches shorter than a typical spotted gar, but then there aren't many who keep actual spotted gars in the hobby (therefore that estimate may not mean much to most of you). he's got a tank to himself and has been eating quite well, so it will be interesting to see how much he continues to grow before tapering off for the season.

will try to get more pics soon--
--solomon

zpetrichko

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2009
NY
I see, i was thinking about possibly getting him however i don't feel i can house him properly. He is a beautiful creature and i would greatly love having him. however I currently only have a 55 until the end of school and i get my own place.

studd muffin

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2009
'MERICA
i bet Neo is gonna get it :D. he has "almost" every odd ball. ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store