Show your tiled tanks!

Pandamania

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2011
Planetwithlotsofwater
Really, really. really wish people would read every page of a thread before 'jumping the gun'. So far it's CLEAR, we are to use just the natural tiles, NO GLUE......NO GROUT........ETC. The people in beginning of this thread said right away that because of 'the weight of the tiles' nothing is needed to hold them down. There's really nothing hard about this.*** Please read the whole thread..........each and every post on it.*** MFKer's would never want some one to harm their pet fish!

BOTR

Candiru
MFK Member
May 5, 2006
I eventualy pulled my tile out. I was having issues with build-up under the tile, and the tiles themselves begining to accumulate some brown algae. Just FYI.

amazonfishman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2005
On the Rio Araguaia, I wish...
Bump for more tiled tanks! I think I'm about to do my 55 in Dark Emperador Marble bottom becaue the large river rock made debris hard to vaccuum out.

ScatMan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
PA
if you have a standard 55 gallon, you won't need to cut any tiles. :woot:four 12"x12" tiles will fit almost perfectly in the bottom. you'll have about 1/8" gap on the ends that's too small to notice but front to back will be perfect.

so if you have a 55 and were thinking about it but didn't because you were afraid to cut tile, do it. :thumbsup:

i have 2 55's tiled, no cuts.

magic

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2005
East Bay
Nice tanks guys, thinking about going tile myself. The gravel is just too messy. Anyone else have pics to share?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store