Sick EBJD please help

Sarah88

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2009
Wilmington, NC
Use Ice Cream Rock Salt. You can find it at publix practically for free lol

Aquarium salt is the same thing just 30 times more expensive.
rock salt, far as i know still has many impurities and shouldn't even be consumed by people so i would definitely use table salt before i used rock salt in a tank since one of the chemicals could potentially harm your fish

Bully Fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2010
U.S.A.
Bump the heat up to 80 - 82 degrees and do not use table salt get aquarium salt or rock salt. Feed sparingly. Remember not to go adding a lot of new elements to your water all at once you will stress the fish. Make sure there is adequate surface agitation when increasing the heat.

Jim_Staffs

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2011
Stafford UK
yeah they both eat like pigs butonly this one has swollen up like that, im gonna put them both on a 24 hour fast and see how they go. he had been fed about 40mins before that pic was taken

Jim

cacichlids

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2011
FL
rock salt, far as i know still has many impurities and shouldn't even be consumed by people so i would definitely use table salt before i used rock salt in a tank since one of the chemicals could potentially harm your fish
Ice cream rock salt is just sodium chloride... I don't know what impurities you're talking about, but [most] table salts are the ones that contain other chemical additives to prevent caking for human consumption.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store