Jul 24, 2010
Missouri
sounds good to

KING1307

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2009
Ontario
im liking the idea of brackets beside each number telling you what the norms are.

bcfd144

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2010
Missouri
well problem having the brackets telling people what the norms are, new owners who dont know what they are doing might be telling you what its supose to be instead of what it really is. Id be worried that the right information would not be given to us in fear of being lashed out on. Id rather receive the correct info even if its not the best for the ray..
Maybe do a thread like the one we are talking about, (questions we ask everytime someone has a problem for them to answer as they post the thread) then another thread that states what tank levels should be for the optimal ray tank. including tank sizes for certain rays that start at 5" when bought and etc....

skynoch

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2007
edmonton alberta canada
I have brought this up before also thinking it would be a great idea. It also gives people a look at what we check for when keeping rays. They may not have a problem yet but now know they should be asking themselves questions about these things. With water parameters we should include the readings before and after a waterchange or at the least kh.
Tank size.
Tankmate sizes also.

bcfd144

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2010
Missouri
Look about rt to try and make a sticky???

1.The type of test kit you are using

2. before and after water change.
PH
Ammonia
Nitrite
Nitrate

3.Water temp

4.Type and depth of substrate

5.Tankmates and size of the tankmates

6.What and how often the ray eats

7.How long you have been caring for the ray

8.How long your tank has been set up and your water change schedule (how much and how often)

9.method of aeration of water

10. Filtration type

11. Picture of tank having problem if you can. (Helps with knowing your set up)

12. tank size (gallons or leters / and footprint)

johno27

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2006
Eastpointe MI
I like where this is going :)

Even if only 1 out of 10 people with a problem read the stickies that may be one ray saved. I can also agree that the search function is under used though

bcfd144

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2010
Missouri
I like the search function.. helps me find exac what Im looking for. But your rt.. maybe one out of ten will use the sticky, but thats like you said, better to save one then none..

Johno27: Figured we get enough people to add to this and then try and get it made into a sticky like you were talking about.

ajsmith235

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2010
Southern Indiana
This is DEF a good idea! Jeffers and I were just talking about this kinda stuff pple always asking the same stuff everyday, and never telling us what we need to know to help.

I'll admit my first time i did the same thing, but then started reading ALL the stickies and read alot about what Miles's input from way back, and i learned a ton!!

Goodjob guys!!

KING1307

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2009
Ontario
You know what i think the biggest problem is here, I dont think its that people are to lazy, (well i do think that but i dont think its the cause.) I think its that everyone thinks their situation is special or unique. For example, people will come across a problem and think, "oh, my water looks good, cant be wq" and post a thread, sure enough with a little test and wc, the problem is solved. Or, another question which I think is common " oh, well i have two expensive filters on my 90g, i can put a ray in that then right?"
I think thats another big root to our multiple threads that are more or less exactly the same.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store