"sick ray emergency" sticky thread

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
bcfd144;4692607; said:
well problem having the brackets telling people what the norms are, new owners who dont know what they are doing might be telling you what its supose to be instead of what it really is. Id be worried that the right information would not be given to us in fear of being lashed out on. Id rather receive the correct info even if its not the best for the ray..
Maybe do a thread like the one we are talking about, (questions we ask everytime someone has a problem for them to answer as they post the thread) then another thread that states what tank levels should be for the optimal ray tank. including tank sizes for certain rays that start at 5" when bought and etc....
Good point, I often think that people knock some of the worst off their test results.

The other problem is that ammonia spikes are well on their way down before people are told to test for it so the problem may have even gone away before the test results.

Might be better to have a basic run down...I.e. If you have a problem give us the results as suggested but straight away 1) test ammonia etc,and report back 2) kick off a 50% water change 3) do not feed for a day etc....?

bridgefisher

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2010
N J
Plus one on the Sticky. I did look at threads but couldn't get the detail/answer I needed. Lazy, not usually :). I especially like the parameters per test would be great. I read the 12 tips and that was good, but need more detail.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store