Silver aro in 260?

davis101

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
canada
The aro is blind in one eye due to its previous water conditions. I'm not saying space isn't important, but I'm saying the measure of an aros lifespan isn't just due to tank space, but more due to water quality. It is harder to keep the water quality pristine when there is less quantity of water

stingray keeper

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2013
Canada
my silver grew from baby to 24"+ within less than a year in my 300 gal ray tank 72x36x24.
they grow ridiculously fast and eat you out of house and home. they also flip out if they're stressed or surprised which leads to a huge mess, potential tank breakage or even worse is Harm to the Arowana. mine would randomly flip out with no apparent reason and would scrape off scales and gouge its face. i attempted rehoming it when it got to around 30" but it didn't go as planned. the stress of catching it and transporting it was too much and it died soon after i delivered it which was only a 1 hour drive with sufficient water, O2, water quality and everything.

my input is i would never get another silver unless i had a tank well over 800 gal with the right dimensions.

i got a jardini and this is definitely an aggressive fish in which i will have no choice but to rehome. he picks on almost every other fish in the tank especially other silver shiny fish. if he is hungry then everybody pays the price.

I'm going to hold off and eventually buy an asian arrow when the time is right and i have cash to get that. but i prefer rays so i don't think that will be any time soon as i will always prefer buy a ray for the same dollar value. lol

oh and drop eye is really unattractive and its pretty much inevitable with silver arow.

thanks

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
The aro is blind in one eye due to its previous water conditions. I'm not saying space isn't important, but I'm saying the measure of an aros lifespan isn't just due to tank space, but more due to water quality. It is harder to keep the water quality pristine when there is less quantity of water
Not if you run a drip system

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store