silver trio

peter predtank

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2015
peterborough ontario
by market food i take it your mean cut fish ? as soon as they tasted it they were hooked , if you can get your guy to try something like cut tilapia , id bet he would love it . probably the fact that i have three plus the bass makes it easier for me to get mine to take other stuff pretty easy .
there is always a made rush from them all trying to grab it before the other , even to the point of grabbing it from another s mouth

Steven Williams

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2015
by market food i take it your mean cut fish ? as soon as they tasted it they were hooked , if you can get your guy to try something like cut tilapia , id bet he would love it . probably the fact that i have three plus the bass makes it easier for me to get mine to take other stuff pretty easy .
there is always a made rush from them all trying to grab it before the other , even to the point of grabbing it from another s mouth
Probably that makes sense mine is with angelfish so no competition there
I tried market shrimp and tilapia it bites then spits out idk why guess doesn't like taste

Steven Williams

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2015
do you ever let him go a couple or few days with no food ? if not you could try that let him get hungry lol spoiled fish :rolleyes:
Lol I may try to starve it but it's tank mates though that's my fear I'll do it when I'm home to watch It
Lots of vunerable tank mates until I build its pond

peter predtank

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2015
peterborough ontario
thanks Chub_by .
i just did a bit of an overhaul on the tank , was having some algae bloom issues and getting sick of how awful it was looking . took all the sand and gravel out to make it easier for maintenance and thought i would try some tile instead . with maybe just a couple pieces of java fern that had rooted to the drift wood .

have a look at the foam from my fx6 . its turned red from the cichlid gold pellets ive been feeding .
the plants were growing real well , you can see the roots grew right through the pouches i had made from panty hose .
so now if it would just clear up already lol . i cant wait to get to look into a nice clear tank again.
also will be cool to see how the fishes colors might change now with the much lighter bottom . the tiles are 13 inch except the cut ones ofcoarse

20160215_123735.jpg 20160218_105649.jpg DSC02743.JPG DSC02740.JPG DSC02744.JPG

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
thanks Chub_by .
i just did a bit of an overhaul on the tank , was having some algae bloom issues and getting sick of how awful it was looking . took all the sand and gravel out to make it easier for maintenance and thought i would try some tile instead . with maybe just a couple pieces of java fern that had rooted to the drift wood .

have a look at the foam from my fx6 . its turned red from the cichlid gold pellets ive been feeding .
the plants were growing real well , you can see the roots grew right through the pouches i had made from panty hose .
so now if it would just clear up already lol . i cant wait to get to look into a nice clear tank again.
also will be cool to see how the fishes colors might change now with the much lighter bottom . the tiles are 13 inch except the cut ones ofcoarse

View attachment 1166386 View attachment 1166387 View attachment 1166388 View attachment 1166394 View attachment 1166395

Are you going to place the plants back in your setup?

peter predtank

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2015
peterborough ontario
hey Steven thats cool lol .
well not cool that your fish hurt its self , but cool you got a scale pic too . there scales are so big in proportion to there body . just imagine how big they can get on a really big aro , its a pretty good suit of armor for them eh !

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store