silver trio

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
I heard arowana gets droop eye when they are looking for food too much on aquarium bottom. Maybe feeding them crickets would avoid the droop eye problem?
There's no confirmed cause, only a number of theories, you shouldn't feed your aro crickets only, it will not get all the nutrition needed

Steven Williams

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2015
There's no confirmed cause, only a number of theories, you shouldn't feed your aro crickets only, it will not get all the nutrition needed
Yes u are correct I feed insects to it once a week and it's staple is aro sticks

peter predtank

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2015
peterborough ontario
they are not liking the new pellets at all so far . i think they might be harder then the other kinds i was using . im hoping they will eventually accept them .
here is a few pics ( not the greatest ) but showing the drop eye on drako and lotus
, still thunder (fish with no orange spot and more laid back temperament ) still has no drop eye .
last pic just cuz i like it :)
DSC01307.JPG DSC01345.JPG DSC01372.JPG DSC01349.JPG

Reactions: moe214

Steven Williams

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2015
they are not liking the new pellets at all so far . i think they might be harder then the other kinds i was using . im hoping they will eventually accept them .
here is a few pics ( not the greatest ) but showing the drop eye on drako and lotus
, still thunder (fish with no orange spot and more laid back temperament ) still has no drop eye .
last pic just cuz i like it :)
View attachment 1152108 View attachment 1152109 View attachment 1152110 View attachment 1152111
How long u been feeding also pond fish food might not be meant for young aro try for at least two weeks of it doesn't work try the food I recommended it gets softer in water and smaller also try breaking the sticks in half so they easier to eat

peter predtank

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2015
peterborough ontario
it should be fine for them . the specks look similar to chiclid gold for example . thats why i posted a pic showing whats in it . also says its for carnivorous fish which is the same . be it large mouth bass or arowana or trout . also the pellets are actully smaller then the other pellets i was feeding . i may try soaking them
.its only been a few days .im pretty confident i will get them on it once they get really hungry there spoiled fish lol they also get tilapia , minnows ,dew worms , super meal worms by the hundreds lol and crickets they spoiled rotten lol

the new pellets were 35 bucks for a 7 kilo bag compared to 30 bucks for the hikari carnivor stick for just 250 gram bag i got 7000 gram in comparison

Last edited:
Reactions: Steven Williams

Steven Williams

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2015
Alright
it should be fine for them . the specks look similar to chiclid gold for example . thats why i posted a pic showing whats in it . also says its for carnivorous fish which is the same . be it large mouth bass or arowana or trout . also the pellets are actully smaller then the other pellets i was feeding . i may try soaking them
.its only been a few days .im pretty confident i will get them on it once they get really hungry there spoiled fish lol they also get tilapia , minnows ,dew worms , super meal worms by the hundreds lol and crickets they spoiled rotten lol

the new pellets were 35 bucks for a 7 kilo bag compared to 30 bucks for the hikari carnivor stick for just 250 gram bag i got 7000 gram in comparison
Alright my bad those sound good ya try more days and soak them so they are softer spoiled fish are too lazy to chew

peter predtank

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2015
peterborough ontario
well they still don't seem to like the new pellets . the aros will eat them , but not with any real fever . the bass are too picky . they always have been more fussy about what they would eat . i caved and had to start feeding tilapia before the dummies starved them selfs to death lol . anyway here is a pic showing some growth of drako. first pic is from july 25 th from the first page of this thread second is from today :) DSC07506.JPG 20151205_133109.jpg

Reactions: moe214

Steven Williams

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2015
well they still don't seem to like the new pellets . the aros will eat them , but not with any real fever . the bass are too picky . they always have been more fussy about what they would eat . i caved and had to start feeding tilapia before the dummies starved them selfs to death lol . anyway here is a pic showing some growth of drako. first pic is from july 25 th from the first page of this thread second is from today :) View attachment 1152843 View attachment 1152844
It's hard to get them on pellets if you really want them to eat pellets try different types and brands until one sticks also nice grow mine is like the same size as yours keep up the nice work

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store