Snakehead pairing.

Cheesetian

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2010
I buy them from lfs. The babies are sold as feeder fish, i got mine at 4 for $2.

Brucki

Gambusia
MFK Member
Hi Kingo,

fortunately my federal laws dont think channa use weapons of mass destruction ;-)

Channa are legal here in Germany.

kuait

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2010
SA
Hi All.

I been looking for this kind of topics for the last few days i need help with my Redline Snakehead
i have one large snakehead in quite large tank and i bought lately two micros.
For now I'm Keeping the Micros in small tank that dedicate for feeder, fish bate or to keep fish for the large snakehead to feed him, I need an advice if I can transfer the Miceros to the large tank with the large snakehead, is the large one going to attack the micros

to make it easy for you Link below will help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL7TizOIVQw

south coast nelly

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
kuait;4558091; said:
Hi All.

I been looking for this kind of topics for the last few days i need help with my Redline Snakehead
i have one large snakehead in quite large tank and i bought lately two micros.
For now I'm Keeping the Micros in small tank that dedicate for feeder, fish bate or to keep fish for the large snakehead to feed him, I need an advice if I can transfer the Miceros to the large tank with the large snakehead, is the large one going to attack the micros

to make it easy for you Link below will help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL7TizOIVQw

Hello mate, um sorry to be bare bad news but 99.9% of your fish need a much much bigger tank, in the end most of those fish in the what you call bigger tank will be eaten like the goldfish, even if your transfer those two from that very small tank which they should not be in longer than a temp for about a day, i recon the bigger on will make a meal out of them, if i was you i would rehome all your fish, then sit down and re-search before to buying, the redline/arowana/pirahna and dollars/oscars will all grow to big for that larger tank,

kuait

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2010
SA
That sounds very bad, not the way you wrote but what I just discovered. When I bought the snakehead I had no idea what is it, and it was too small micro, you can not even easy to find him in the Tank.
This tank is the biggest I have ever bought and I got it a few months ago to me is quite large one.
so what I care about right now is snakehead because I start loving it since I bought it and how I'm going to take care of, when I saw the two Micros in pet shop I could not help it and I bought them without thinking then I got stuck what to do with them this is why I been searching the web looking for help and this forum and your explanatory note do a lot and really making it easier for me to understand more about theses species
For the time being I can not effort to buy another tank, so I have to wait for a while to do so.
But what about tow micros again, should I give it a try and transfer them to the larger tank, I'm feeding the big one daily with live fish, because I can not return it to the pet shop again
Sorry for asking again for another help but I need to find solution that suitable for me
And sorry for bringing this topic on someone ales topic, please excuse me Cheesetain

thnx

tokyogasmask

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2009
Japan
Kuait, that tank is crazy!
You need to move them fish to bigger tanks ASAP!

The Micro alone needs AT LEAST 8ft tank!

I suggest finding new homes for these fish, and starting with something a little easier till you can afford a SERIOUS sized tank.

Right now, what you are doing is very very cruel.

jartist15

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2009
canada
^ Agreed, sorry dude get rid of them or get a couple bigger tanks

Cheesetian

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2010
Hey it's okay man. We're all snakehead lovers. You go ahead and ask aight!

You say you bought 2 micros recently. Exactly how small are they? Your toman looks a good 20" so i don't think anything under 12-15" is safe around it let alone the other fish in the tank.

kuait

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2010
SA
Gents, I love the Snakehead as much as you do, but if I bring back the Micros to pet shop, they might not survive, because its very cheep one (I can not going to comment about the pet shop any more so excuse me), I may sound crazy but I been looking for Redline Snakehead for last a few months since the mate of the Sankehead dies and I found them by luck.

I'm feeding them live goldfish; precisely I'm fulling up the tank goldfish try as much as I can to make them bigger enough to move them to the my 5ft tank.
I knew it's cruel, but they are Micros for now and they can wait 10 days then rethinking to move them with their cousin or buy them larger tank.

They are for sure around 16cm, and their cousin around 30cm

I can get rid of all fish I have, but not the Snakehead! Full Stop

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store