Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
Old man hands ;)

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Lol,gotta admit I've never been called that before...skinny fingers and piano hands yeah.They are dirty in the photo from digging in the yard though.

Vicious_Fish

Here fishy fishy fishy...
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2007
South Central...
Seth what did you do with the prego garter?
I put her right back where I found her. She was sunning herself on top of a Boxwood bush next to my house. She let me pick her briefly. I'm thinking she lives under it.

That's pretty cool that you find so many Dekay's around your house. Do you live near a pond or stream? All the ones I've ever found were in pretty close proximity to water.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Well there's Tacony Creek that's about a fifteen minute walk down the road from my house but growing up I've always found them in backyards and vacant lots that were far from any water.I even come across a salamander or two on occasion in my yard.

robmcd

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2007
Laguna Beach
Finding snakes in your yard is awesome. The only ones that I have had in mine are Rattlers and an occasional racer.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yeah I love my little wildlife oasis in the middle of the city.A groundhog used to live in my neighbors yard.I don't know where it came from it just popped up one day.It would come out early in the morning and sit on their back doorstep.

ccp2007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2014
united states
Oddly enough this species is quite common in some parts of Philadelphia but I have never seen a garter snake.Most people assume these are garters when they find them....Talk about memories,I was bitten by a copperhead when I was a boy.I still think they are the most beautiful snake in our country.
Is this a copperhead? My neighbor took an ax to it when it went into strike position. Must be a redneck when you just happen to have an ax sitting next to you :D

She thinks there's a nest somewhere because this isn't her first encounter :eek:

View attachment 1014018View attachment 1014019

Happily married Mommy of 3 babies, 2 fur babies and 15 gilled babies

joel

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2005
THE GARDEN STATE
Is this a copperhead? My neighbor took an ax to it when it went into strike position. Must be a redneck when you just happen to have an ax sitting next to you :D

She thinks there's a nest somewhere because this isn't her first encounter :eek:

View attachment 1014018View attachment 1014019

Happily married Mommy of 3 babies, 2 fur babies and 15 gilled babies
Black rat snake. Non venomous. It's a constrictor. Your neighbor is an ignorant for killing it

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
Anyone else jump when they first see a snake, or am I the only one man enough to admit it LOL? I am not afraid of snakes and will handle non-venomous snakes no problem but I jump out of my skin every time I run across one in the wild. When I realize it is harmless I will pick it up or let it go on its way.

Rivers2k

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2011
NY
PS oddly enough I did come face to face, literally, with a copper head. while digging a fight hole in the marines I looked up and it was in my face. It was a routine exercise in NC. I didnt jump that time I just didn't move a muscle. luckily my buddy saw it and chopped in half with an e-tool (shovel, axe combo)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store