So, how's that fish taste, anyway?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I have tried swai and wasnt very impressed with it.There is an interesting political backstory to swai and the marketing of it in this country.
It is not a fish but gator meat is deelish!

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I have tried swai and wasnt very impressed with it.There is an interesting political backstory to swai and the marketing of it in this country.
It is not a fish but gator meat is deelish!
It's probably one of the least healthy meats out there next to python and shark,to much mercury and such.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Oh geeze,I wasn't aware of that.....even the supermarket fillets?

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Oh geeze,I wasn't aware of that.....even the supermarket fillets?
Probably, remember anything at the top of the food chain has a lot of bioacumulation,this is why top predators don't spend a lot of their time hunting and eating other top predators.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Probably, remember anything at the top of the food chain has a lot of bioacumulation,this is why top predators don't spend a lot of their time hunting and eating other top predators.
Interesting,and I was recently considering picking up some more to make some strips or nuggets to serve at a get together.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Interesting,and I was recently considering picking up some more to make some strips or nuggets to serve at a get together.
Ok did research, farm raised gator meat is generally safe,just make sure it's sourced in Louisiana . Hope that helps.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Ok did research, farm raised gator meat is generally safe,just make sure it's sourced in Louisiana . Hope that helps.
Thanks for looking into it for me.I may just stick with good ol chicken since that gator meat is so expensive for the amount that is in the package.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store