So you want to keep a RTC (Red Tailed Catfish)?

BenMottershead

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 16, 2015
manchester uk
I had one that we "rescued" who was about 3.5' in a 10'x5'x3' and the tank looked too small for him. A fish best left to the likes of public aquariums imho and the very rare type of fish keeper with a trop pond. Makes me sad that I see so many tiny ones in shops!

thankfully mine is now enjoying life in a 15,000l display in a public aquarium due to connections in the industry. Sadly for most the outcome is not so good.

MrDuckBootz

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2016
Parkland Fl
Would i be able to buy a red tail catfish? i have an Alligator gar 2.5-3in, sliver arowana 5-6 inches, and an alibno clown knife 4-5in. if i could get a red tail would i be able to have a tiger shovel as well. Ive had a red tail cat and know how big they get.....Thanks

Betta132

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2015
Would i be able to buy a red tail catfish? i have an Alligator gar 2.5-3in, sliver arowana 5-6 inches, and an alibno clown knife 4-5in. if i could get a red tail would i be able to have a tiger shovel as well. Ive had a red tail cat and know how big they get.....Thanks
The issue isn't what else you have, it's whether or not you'll be able to house a fish that'll top five feet long. I sure hope that you can, since your alligator gar has the potential to get twice that size.
Also, pretty sure that aro will swallow the gar.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store