some unfortunate incidents in recent days. RIP VATF & Armatus

Slippery K

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Ouch thats horrible, sorry for your loss. Im sure you and your friend can work something out.

greenerinks

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2014
Shanghai, China
Interesting to note, the albino knife is somewhat peace keeping the dorado and aimara now.. he occassionally will try to come from underneath the dorado to keep him in check. Most of the time the aimara leaves the albino clown alone. Very interesting how they settled in together.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
DB uses a large clown knife to keep everything in check

greenerinks

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2014
Shanghai, China
Thanks Killduv Killduv everything is stable and smooth at the moment. Debating if I should bring back home the 20" armatus to mix with my gatf. It's just unfortunately that I have yet to upgrade my setup so I think it's way too crowded for a 220g tank..

Killduv

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Your Most welcome greenerinks. Glad all the stable and crisp as of this moment. True some thought will put you in the right direction. Good luck with your final decision and outcome.

sunnysjourney

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2014
US
Here's an update, I wonder sometimes about the drop eye that's happening... whether it is fatty deposit, over reliance on eye since other eye is blind or a parasite worm of some sort.
My big VATF is blind in one eye and has a drop eye as well. In arowanas it's caused by them constantly trying to 'look down' and fatty foods. I wonder if it's the same with the tigers as well... and my VATF is strictly on a massivore diet so I can rule out the drop eye being caused by eating fatty foods. Do you have a bare bottom tank?
EDIT: just saw your pictures again and yeah you do have a bare bottom tank. Mine is bare bottom as well.

Reactions: greenerinks

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
My big VATF is blind in one eye and has a drop eye as well. In arowanas it's caused by them constantly trying to 'look down' and fatty foods. I wonder if it's the same with the tigers as well... and my VATF is strictly on a massivore diet so I can rule out the drop eye being caused by eating fatty foods. Do you have a bare bottom tank?
EDIT: just saw your pictures again and yeah you do have a bare bottom tank. Mine is bare bottom as well.
There's no truly known reason for drop eye yet, only theories... but if you both have an atf with one blind eye and drop eye, seems like a good possibility for a cause

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store