Specific RTCxTSN cross?

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
Theres 5 tsn species and also inter species hybrids...2-3 are farmed pretty regularly so sure theres variations out there. I still say its a misunderstanding with the word "tigrinum"...on the sellers part. Or as others said before me...just plain bs lol... im anxious to see some pics to confirm either way.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Didn't realize you had pics. Can you share them or did you not get a copy?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
No copies unfortunately. I'll ask if I can get some. The cat is being delivered on Wednesday @ 5" Hopefully we'll see then!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

monsterkeeper87

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2013
England
No copies unfortunately. I'll ask if I can get some. The cat is being delivered on Wednesday @ 5" Hopefully we'll see then!

I would have guessed the same as wednesday13 and said tigrinum but if he definitely said tigrinus then I don't know. Can't wait to see pics!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
I must admit, I would actually really like to see what a RTC x Tig looks like. I hope this is legit.

Here's the kicker though, I'll bet the truth of it is in the price. How much is it?

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
I must admit, I would actually really like to see what a RTC x Tig looks like. I hope this is legit.

Here's the kicker though, I'll bet the truth of it is in the price. How much is it?
Well, they were retailing at £25 trade price so they would've retailed at £100 or so @ 5-6"...

I traded a lot of fish including 3 tyre track eels all over 20".. lol. so I didn't pay anything. It was definitely more expensive than a usually hybrid..

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
I suppose that 100 pounds / $160 is about on par for the cost of a 4-5" baby tig. I'm intrigued.

:popcorn:
I am too! Would be so awesome! especially as I have the accommodation for this bad boy as well! After he hits 20" in my 265, I'll set up his 10ft diameter pond. Which should last him a while at least untill we get a new house in which I can build my 16x10x4. That's 2years in the future though. the 10ft should last until then I think lol.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Tigrinus is an old and outdated species name for what is called now Brachyplatystoma tigrinum (a tig). Still heavily used. But now the confusion with Pseudoplatystoma tigrinum (one of the TSNs) may occur more readily.

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
Tigrinus is an old and outdated species name for what is called now Brachyplatystoma tigrinum (a tig). Still heavily used. But now the confusion with Pseudoplatystoma tigrinum (one of the TSNs) may occur more readily.
Yeah that's what i was confused by. The supplier assured me it's a RtcxTig

xApostle

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2013
London
Bruhh.. They came today. I'm at college atm but will go and pick up soon :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store