spotted gar and arowana

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
just give it a try. If you're lucky, it might work out for a while. If not then most of the time you will have a nightmare.

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
what do you mean by nightmare spotted gars are skittish they grow slow and are not that aggressive

pharmaecopia

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2010
Ontario, Canada
what do you mean by nightmare spotted gars are skittish they grow slow and are not that aggressive
The fact that your asking this question shows me you haven't done enough research. Especially as this potential tankmate pairing is asked about all the time. I also feel like pointing out that it would be a florida gar and not a spotted gar.

Anyways here goes. Given the sizes of the fish the arowana will rapidly outgrow the gar. Leading to potential aggression issues from the arowana towards the gar. If this happens it can spook the gar at put it at risk of a broken back or death.

As well gars have a tendency to view silver coloured fish as food. This can lead to the gar attacking the arowana.

There are also potential issues related to feeding. Should the aro be an aggressive feeder this can again lead to a spooked gar. Which again can potentially result in a broken back or dead gar.

Your free to try the combination, they're your fish. But don't be surprised if it doesn't work out.

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
The fact that your asking this question shows me you haven't done enough research. Especially as this potential tankmate pairing is asked about all the time. I also feel like pointing out that it would be a florida gar and not a spotted gar.

Anyways here goes. Given the sizes of the fish the arowana will rapidly outgrow the gar. Leading to potential aggression issues from the arowana towards the gar. If this happens it can spook the gar at put it at risk of a broken back or death.

As well gars have a tendency to view silver coloured fish as food. This can lead to the gar attacking the arowana.

There are also potential issues related to feeding. Should the aro be an aggressive feeder this can again lead to a spooked gar. Which again can potentially result in a broken back or dead gar.

Your free to try the combination, they're your fish. But don't be surprised if it doesn't work out.
+1! This is pretty much what I meant, but I'm tired of answering people these kind of question all the time and most of them don't really give a damn about it when they don't see the answer that they want to see.

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
yes but we're talking 9 x 3 pond. so maybe a chance ill do it if problem separate. and i dont care if you give a damn about it or not. if you dont want to answer then go ahead

pharmaecopia

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2010
Ontario, Canada
yes but we're talking 9 x 3 pond. so maybe a chance ill do it if problem separate. and i dont care if you give a damn about it or not. if you dont want to answer then go ahead
Why even bother asking for advice then?

As well I kind of feel like pointing out that when dealing with larger growing fish that 9' x 3' pond isn't really all that big.

sileraro

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2013
Nj
When will the anger stop!! : )

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
In a 10000 gallons tank with a lot more fish that still happen, your chance is not that much!
And do you even understand what I said in the last post?

HungDang

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
Fort Worth
BTW, 9x3 is not even that big and I don't believe that you have a tank/pond that big so post a picture to prove it then.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
When will the anger stop!! : )

Sent from my DROID RAZR using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
You say anger I say stories. There is now 12 different pond sizes. He has a 55gal and who know what else. In another thread he said his aro and tsn are in shrilanka and he is in the UK. Yet here he has it as if they are all together. Not to mention he has failed to say in this thread about the fish and pond being with some other guy.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store