stable unstable

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
nomad;4828806; said:
the contrast in coloration between the bars an the rest of the body is one of the main reasons why people find this fish attractive .....take that away and the interest is gone for some people....call it "first impression " if you like.

As a matter of fact, and it is the second time I have Dats ( currently 4 big ones ), they are much more beautifull than interesting.

They end up boring me...

nomad

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2008
Colorado
T1KARMANN;4828809; said:
i done a test the other day i staved the tank for 2 days and all tigers were stable and swimming up the front of the tank glass begging for food as soon as they got the food they all turned unstable again and went back to hiding in the corners
happens every time with my NGT....most vibrant coloration when is hungry, unstable after feeding

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
so unstable could mean happy and full and maybe the people with tigers that are stable 24-7 just are not feeding them enough

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
nomad;4828823; said:
:WHOA: c'mon man....that's cold...I can't belive you're saying this loud in the Dat forum :D
sorry, hehe, my bad!

My hot latin temper is still on a roll....sorry!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
T1KARMANN;4828829; said:
so unstable could mean happy and full and maybe the people with tigers that are stable 24-7 just are not feeding them enough
Could be,shucks I currently have one indo who hides most of the time,darts from one end of the tank to the other end the rest of the time yet keeps a full belly from the sinking pellets.Wish we could ask him if he's happy or not and put an end to this happy=unstable talk.:ROFL:

TheBlackOperations

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2010
City of Angles
My NGT has never gone unstable, coupled with it's yellowish gold coloring, I thought that's why they were sought after... Hmm, guess I was wrong. Any pics of an unstable NGT?

nomad

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2008
Colorado
T1KARMANN;4828829; said:
there are indos that will be unstable regardless of feeding habits.....IMO stability is a very complex issue depending on alot of factors ( light, substrate, feeding, tankmates, water quality, current) but mostly on the individual fish (some are more prone to "stability" than others)...therefore, there is no universal answer to "stability" and all the threads asking for that are just a waste of time.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Miguel;4828843; said:
sorry, hehe, my bad!

My hot latin temper is still on a roll....sorry!
It's all good Miguel..I've been hot and cold with dats for years.I think I'm into them for the long haul now though.:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store