Started my 1020g ply tank

Leftturn31

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2012
Central MN
Looking at your pics and was wondering if you are going to have a issue with your floor plywood bowing and pulling away from your wall ply. I see that your plywood doesn't have any edge support between the floor joist or on the end walls. I'm not trying to cause trouble just wondering if the design will work for a future build of mine.

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
With it being a pond liner build its needs far less then a full fiberglass pond.

Looking at your pics and was wondering if you are going to have a issue with your floor plywood bowing and pulling away from your wall ply. I see that your plywood doesn't have any edge support between the floor joist or on the end walls. I'm not trying to cause trouble just wondering if the design will work for a future build of mine.

Sent from Note 2 mini computer

sevank21

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2012
In My House
Not sure exactly what you're talking about. You mean the floor bowing downwards and pulling away from the walls?

That's not happening, there's no way the floor will bow with the amount verticals I have on the floor joists. And IF it did. The walls are lag bolted to the base along with 3" screws. So if it bows, the wall will bow with it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

sevank21

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2012
In My House
With it being a pond liner build its needs far less then a full fiberglass pond.

Sent from Note 2 mini computer
Part of the main reason im going pond liner. Lol

sevank21

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2012
In My House
All the plywood will have edge support. If you look in this pic, the ply wood is actually sitting inside of the flat 2x4 and so will the vertical wall ply wood.

The flat 2x4 is 1.5" (standard 2x4 thickness), minus the 3/4" ply base leaving the wall ply to sit appx 3/4" having the edge support that you feel is missing.

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Finalllly another pond liner tank :) have u chose ur product for the window to liner seal? I used gold label aquarium and pond sealer and highly recommend it. Its pricey but worth every penny.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

sashimimaster

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2010
MI
Great build. My only comment would be a concern about your vertical supports. With over 8,000 lbs of water weight you only have 13 vertical supports. Each would be bearing over 600lbs of pressure. I'm sure that post can take it for the short term but what about over 1 yr, 3 yrs, 10 years. That's a lot of weight to have those supports take for the long term. Also there seems to be long horizontal spans of unsupported weight. I think you would have a higher margin of safety with additional vertical supports. The weight would be more distributed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store