Starving a Jardini

jusmad

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2006
Honolulu HI
Has anyone had to do this to get your jardini to eat. How long can they go without any food. My fish is on a hunger strike and i was just wondering if it was going to die of starvation?

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
How big is it and how long has it gone without eating?

MistirE

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2007
Hawaii
That sucks...well, fish will be like to be fussy

Crustman

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2006
Mobile, Alabama
Is it a baby like mine? I have tried everything and it only goes for frozen blood worms. It does not even like frozen plankton cubes. It hides most of the time and is even afraid of a small pleco. He needs some monster training classes.

prophets

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2006
USA
Don't feel bad...the one I have is about 6" and won't eat anything but meal worms. I starved the bugger for about 4 days...threw in a frozen krill, he ate one, went for another and spit it out. Waited another 3 days (no meal worms), and refused to go for frozen krill, pellets, and FD krill. So I gave in this morning, he ate 10 meal worms...lil bastard! :ROFL:

jusmad

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2006
Honolulu HI
Its been about a week and he hasnt really eaten anything except one cricket. just hope it doesnt croak on me.

meiling

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2005
In your Computer
As long as it's healthy and not a tiny baby, it won't hurt it to go a few days without food. They are just like spoiled kids. I wanted the best diet for my fish, so one I had to make "fast" and then suddenly BAM pellets weren't so bad afterall. Good luck.

prophets

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2006
USA
zennzzo;693034; said:
Softee...:D
:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
Its Mr.Softee to you..:grinno:

Now do you want a a vanilla soft serve on a cone or a cup? :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com