Still cannt decide !

What to go in the tank ?

• A full Malawi Cichlid tank

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • A full planted tank with Angels and other schooling fish

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Or something totaly diffrent , Your choice .

Votes: 27 33.8%

• Total voters

asder112

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 4, 2007
MA
voted for other, with reason stated below:

I don't know how good with sw you are or how much $$ you have but a reef tank is always stunning. For an even more exotic look you could go with (smaller) species of cuttlefish. Ofc this is all very expensive but if i had the money and the know how I would definitely consider it.

If sw not for you, then for fw I would suggest discus in a planted tank, especially as a showpiece.

djarmstrong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2008
England
Banjardini;3048571; said:
It seems like you have already decided. lol
Not 100% decided but yeah basicly !

asder112;3048602; said:
voted for other, with reason stated below:

I don't know how good with sw you are or how much $$ you have but a reef tank is always stunning. For an even more exotic look you could go with (smaller) species of cuttlefish. Ofc this is all very expensive but if i had the money and the know how I would definitely consider it.

If sw not for you, then for fw I would suggest discus in a planted tank, especially as a showpiece.
SW' it's not for me ! Never done and mos likely never will , i have seen some great looking SW' tanks but i like FW' best and would always go for FW' over SW' IMO' .

I will mostly likely go with Angel Fish but Discus i have always liked and was thinking about getting some a while back , but my Mum and Dad are saying Angel's are a nicer looking fish .

LurkMcgurk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2009
tennessee
if you wanna go with angel fish get some danios, pleco, mollies,a raphael striped cat, tetras, a snail, and a small eel. That is what i have in mine and everyone gets along. Its a very fun yet relaxing tank to watch.

djarmstrong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2008
England
I was thinking of an Eel as i had one a while back but it ended up killing itself , got it when he was about 4inch and he grow to around 11inch when he died ,

but wasnt sure if it would eat the little Tetras or other small fish in the tank .

I had a Tire Track before and was thinking of getting one agian or maybe a Marble Eel for this tank . but like i said not sure it would work .

LurkMcgurk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2009
tennessee
djarmstrong;3051815; said:
I was thinking of an Eel as i had one a while back but it ended up killing itself , got it when he was about 4inch and he grow to around 11inch when he died ,

but wasnt sure if it would eat the little Tetras or other small fish in the tank .

I had a Tire Track before and was thinking of getting one agian or maybe a Marble Eel for this tank . but like i said not sure it would work .
i was told i was gonna have problems but my eel is to distracted by the bubbles, if he isnt hiding in the rocks or eating he is swimming up and down in those freakin bubbles.

djarmstrong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2008
England
I might give it ago , if it doesn't work out and he does start eating the other smaller fish i can put him in a diffrent tank which he should be ok in for the long run .

Any other pictures of your tank ? LurkMcgurk .

uting

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2009
Philippines
djarmstrong;3033357; said:
Dont Elephant Nose and Knifes get abit too big for a 4x2x2Foot tank ?

It depends on you if you feel your tank is over stocked. but for me I don't think it is overstocked. I suggest you check the bichir forum to see how filled up the of the members are.

djarmstrong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2008
England
OK , dont think i will get them for this tank , dont think my Mum and Dad wiuld like me have them in the tank on them own ( My tank but they have already told me they are not having only a couple of fish i the tank and want alot of diffrent colourful fish in it, that's why i am thinking more along the lines of a Planted tank with loads of small schooling fish in it ) .

But i am building a large indoor Trop' pond for my Silver Arowana , Oscar and 4 Lines Pim's Catfish and was having a look at some Clown Knife's at my LFS and might get 1 or 2 for the pond .

djarmstrong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 29, 2008
England
thorzep;3054072; said:
ca/sa s for sure
Already got a mixed SA/ CA Cichlid tank so i am wanting something diffrent . Something which wont outgrow a 4x2x2Foot tank , something which will be very active and colourful .

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store