sting rays death curl : (

navygirl76

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Ohio
www.flickr.com
lol its good that youre asking questions. i dont keep rays, but i do have a good knowledge of common fishkeeping and things like water requirements, the nitrification process, and some disease knowledge-and what i dont know i just google it lol.

get that test kit and let us know tomorrow what the parameters are.. like i said they are easy to use so dont be afraid of it. the salt wont work overnight, but give it some time and really really watch the stuff on his tail and barb. if you think its spreading (like a fungus) post more pics..

you do have to be careful about using medications with rays.. so youd have to consult the ray section if you decide to use meds.. if you dont see it getting better you may want to ask the mods to move this to the Ray section.. those guys and gals are pros.

stingray94

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2007
Rhode Island
If the ray can sit with his disk flat then it's not death curl, which is very good. The tail looks like it is a fungus, when you go to buy a test kit tommorow also buy some prazi pro to treat it. The salt will also help this. Make sure to turn the lights off and possibly put a blanket over the tank to reduce stress. Also, I would recommend you buy another filter, preferably a canister. Good luck

Also forgot to add fatten that ray up! start feeding him more blackworms so that he gains some weight, its great that you've gotten him to eat silversides already within a week. That's quite an accomplishment especially with a retic.

navygirl76

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Ohio
www.flickr.com
oh i forgot to tell you (also i agree with stingray94)-you need to get more filtration on that tank. get a canister or something else on there.. and i also was thinking that was possibly a fungus on the tail.

andersp90

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2007
Denmark
Its just a little fungus on the tail and stress.. just change 25% 2 times a week and he will be fine..

Its normal for newly imported rectis..

Irbanjaxed

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 1, 2008
Ellijay Ga
THANKS ALOT EVERYONE im at work now but my wife said he is very active today which is a good sign

Irbanjaxed

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 1, 2008
Ellijay Ga
25 % 2 times a week so starting after tomarrow it will havebeen 48 hours after i put in the salt so i will do a 25 then sat do it
does that sound good

bfhslilred93

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2008
new england
oh good hopefully he makes it

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store