Stocking 90 Gallon~ suggestions

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
One would "fit" but it would be stunted an unhealthy lol
I think your taking the right approach i guess none of our tanks are ideal and upgrades are a life saver but i think less is better in the long run, less tress and b.s especially with cichlids and tanks on the smaller side (under 300gal)

kevin widjaya

Feeder Fish
Jun 18, 2015
indonesia
i recommended for 3 datnioides microlepis, they are quite BIG (size 'bout 16' in captive) and have a lot of personalities. you should go for 120 gallon for the adult, but their growth is very slow. maybe that 90 gallons may go for 3 years, IMO. You may pair it with oscar as long as their size is same or not much different, and you may use the decoration for marking the teritorials. CMIIW

i'm from indonesia and these "microlepis"are native to borneo and sumatra, the "pulchers" are more expensive, and it's probably near extinct.

Good luck for your research sir!

DBLN8

Dovii
MFK Member
i recommended for 3 datnioides microlepis, they are quite BIG (size 'bout 16' in captive) and have a lot of personalities. you should go for 120 gallon for the adult, but their growth is very slow. maybe that 90 gallons may go for 3 years, IMO. You may pair it with oscar as long as their size is same or not much different, and you may use the decoration for marking the teritorials. CMIIW

i'm from indonesia and these "microlepis"are native to borneo and sumatra, the "pulchers" are more expensive, and it's probably near extinct.

Good luck for your research sir!

You want him to put 3 Dats and an Oscar in a 90 gallon tank?

Reactions: jaws7777

Americancichlids

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 22, 2015
for the sake of not having to create a new thread I'm posting here again lol! Would 2 Green severs and an oscar work in a 90g? The severums don't get much larger than 6 inches right?

Buphy

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2015
Texas
Full grown I think it'll be cramped, though that's just my guess.

Manu8__too

Aimara
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2013
for the sake of not having to create a new thread I'm posting here again lol! Would 2 Green severs and an oscar work in a 90g? The severums don't get much larger than 6 inches right?
Absolutely not. A full grown Oscar needs 90G to himself/herself.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store