Stocking ideas for 500gallon?

Wizzah

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2013
Australia
Was thinking at this stage a silver, 2-3 pbass and a fire eel, not over stocked am I?
Sent from my GT-I9305T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Wizzah

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2013
Australia
I feel like an idiot asking these questions, but I've only ever had, oscars, Devils, jaguars and other cichlids

Siddons11

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2012
USA
I'd get a couple rays to cover the bottom level and maybe another top dweller

Sent from my SCH-I605 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dbcb314

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Tallahassee
I feel like an idiot asking these questions, but I've only ever had, oscars, Devils, jaguars and other cichlids

I would just go sub forum to sub forum checking out different fish pictures.

right down the ones you like, do some research on them,and then ask more specific questions.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
what about a red fin giant gourami, i would swap out the silver arowana personally, it will get drop eye 100%, looks aweful imo... go jardini or black arowana, asian if you can get one? fire eel is good, and bass, what about a big rare pleco like a blue eyed? i would do a hemibagrus nemurus, very nice albino predator that maxes out 12 inch... once the others are grown i would be tempted to add a trio of gulper cats. also a pair of large cichlids such as oscars or jags just to add a nice dimension!-)

dbcb314

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Tallahassee

Well... do you enjoy those type of fish?

You can always go with a big CA/SA cichlid tank with some of the bigger catfish for the lower levels

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store